First, there's a rule, I forget the wording, but basically if you're not married you don't sleep in the same tent.

I started to think that you should explore why she wants to come along, but I don't think that's a fair initial question. The better question would be: what is the reason each adult is attending? Every adult on the trip should be there because their presence is somehow beneficial to the scouts, even if the benefit is just transportation. If her presence is as justified as someone else's than there shouldn't be an issue.

The second question I would ask is what the committee's objections are? Is it that somehow they don't think women should go or they find the idea of a SM with a fiance somehow icky or inappropriate, then unless that's a problem for your CO, I would ignore them. If there's a substantive reason then decide it based on that.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always left the door open to visitors with no prejudging. Some that you think might join, don't and vice versa. Go have fun and don't worry about it. Wilderness survival 12/5 - 12/7 in the northern

On this topic of camping with non-scouts, I've not been able to find a clear BSA policy for it. In particular for me, my kids are with me half time and it is a tough choice when I have to choose betw