OA and Venturing  

5 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I want Venturers to have Order of the Arrow elections.
    • I don't care whether or not Venturers have OA elections.
    • What's the OA?

Above I posted this:

"They need to set themselves apart, not emulate and adopt Boy Scout programs. Doing that will make them irrelevant."

Well, since I know one of the Area Presidents, maybe I should attempt to create an honor society for Venturing."

Since I have been informed by E92 about the Corps of Discovery I reject this comment and quote and replace it with this: Since I know one of the Venturing Area Presidents I will attempt to form a CoD group within the Middle Tennessee Council. Also, since I can find no trace of a VOA within the MTC I will attempt to form one of those as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice poll. Wonder how many venturers will think they are venture scouts.

I would have liked it if you had made your poll a yes or no vote. Yes to include Venturing, no to keep it just Boy Scouts. I voted the option of "I don't care", but I do care. Boy Scouts and Ventur

Above I posted this: "They need to set themselves apart, not emulate and adopt Boy Scout programs. Doing that will make them irrelevant." Well, since I know one of the Area Presidents, maybe I sho

Above I posted this:

"They need to set themselves apart, not emulate and adopt Boy Scout programs. Doing that will make them irrelevant."

Well, since I know one of the Area Presidents, maybe I should attempt to create an honor society for Venturing."

Since I have been informed by E92 about the Corps of Discovery I reject this comment and quote and replace it with this: Since I know one of the Venturing Area Presidents I will attempt to form a CoD group within the Middle Tennessee Council. Also, since I can find no trace of a VOA within the MTC I will attempt to form one of those as well.

Now you're talking! ;)
  • 2 weeks later...
If OA is a Boy Scout program, why would Venturing even be involved? Same for the leadership of the Cub Scout program. Do they wear the lodge flap on their DL uniform?
if OA is a Boy Scout program, then why are adults allowed in??? adults are not Boy Scouts...they are Scouters...
If OA is a Boy Scout program, why would Venturing even be involved? Same for the leadership of the Cub Scout program. Do they wear the lodge flap on their DL uniform?
Good point. Probably because the boys can not be trusted to do it themselves.

Stosh