PA United Way distributes BSA escrowed funds to other programs

One is a Learning for Life program, by the way; just no money for their discriminatory program:

http://www.newsgleaner.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12250679&BRD=2340&PAG=461&dept_id=488595&rfi=6

The United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania has decided to distribute funds held in escrow for the local Boy Scouts organization to two other greater Philadelphia organizations that benefit youth.

The United Way took this action because the Cradle of Liberty Council has remained steadfast in support of the national Boy Scout policy regarding the appointment of homosexuals to leadership positions.

Merlyn,

I know you think I'm a moronic twit who couldn't spell c-a-t if you spotted me the c & a. But it seems the United Way in SE PA is deciding to discriminate against the BSA by pulling funding because the BSA is legally allowed to discriminate based on the Supreme Court ruling. So in reality, the BSA could sue the United Way for discrimination and stand a good chance of winning!

I really hope the money held back by the United Way wasn't money donors wanted to go directly to the BSA. That seems just flat illegal if it is!

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10