Can any of you who have been to Philmont since I have (which means any time since the Nixon administration) please help me remember the Philmont Grace?

It was something like "For food, for grace, for something, something, something, we thank you O Lord. Amen."

Thanks

I remember that, and thinking, "Raiment? What's raiment?" We figured it out soon enough. And my one and only trek there also was during the Nixon Administration. I believe he resigned within a week-10 days after our return.

Minsi Trails had a nice wallet sized card titled "Grace at Meals" that was distributed at the 1997 Jamboree which included the "Philmont Grace". I actually picked mine up at NE region DayCamp school 1998, Broadcreek. The card was actually 2-1/2 X 10" and folded down to wallet size; it contained specific morning, noon & evening graces & benediction...

"May the Great Master of all Scouts be with us till we meet again. Amen"

Does anyone out there from Minsi Trails know if its still available?

Bob

Funny story:

Usually I'm at the Executive Board meetings, helping out as the Assistant Scout Executive. In January, I missed the meeting because I was at our staff planning conference some distance away. The Scout Executive had his secretary handle the registration and take notes.

They opened, as we usually do, with a grace. Someone started to lead the Philmont Grace . . . and couldn't remember it. Neither could anyone else. 25 people at a Boy Scout Executive board meeting and not one could remember the Philmont Grace.

They fudged their way through it, but it was the first question I got when I returned from the staff conference.

Now we print it on the back of the packet in case I get hit by a truck and miss another meeting. :)

DS

• 2 weeks later...