What is allowed by bsa?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No unit money earning application can possibly be for a "full-time enterprise", as you put it, even if it didn't compete with anyone. Just look at the first paragraph of the form: "...turn in the application at least two weeks in advance of the proposed date of your money-earning project...". "Date" and "project" indicate anything but a full-time enterprise -- it's a one-time event. If the non-competitive requirement is really about running a full-time business, it's a meaningless requirement...but I don't think that's why it's there.

When I was really overseas, we ran into competition issues with fund raising fairly frequently. As far as retail goes, the military exchange system was the only game in town, and if we were interested in doing any type of product sales, we had to tread very lightly to avoid creating ill will that would bite us (no pun intended) when popcorn sales time came around.

I think the best win-win fund raiser I've seen is the Scout Show tickets we're selling here right now. Each $5 ticket comes with $400 in coupons for local restaurants and attractions. The coupons sell the tickets for us, and the sponsors get more business...as non-competitive as you can get.

KS