Well, what do you know...

I also predict that, sooner or later, the BSA is going to say it's ok to be untrustworthy, disloyal, unhelpful, unfriendly, discourteous, unkind, disobedient, surly, unthrifty, cowardly, unclean, and irreverent as well.(This message has been edited by brewmeister)

Brewmeister wrote: "I also predict that, sooner or later, the BSA is going to say it's ok to be untrustworthy, disloyal, unhelpful, unfriendly, discourteous, unkind, disobedient, surly, unthrifty, cowardly, unclean, and irreverent as well."

Democrats ???

Brewmeister says:

I also predict that, sooner or later, the BSA is going to say it's ok to be untrustworthy, disloyal, unhelpful, unfriendly, discourteous, unkind, disobedient, surly, unthrifty, cowardly, unclean, and irreverent as well.

Well, its certain that there are already some people in the BSA who are, at least sometimes when they are posting in forums, unfriendly, discourteous, unkind and surly.

I posted this in the large thread last night, for the specific purpose of keeping it alive. But, I knew someone would create a new thread.

Brewmeister - this policy has nothing to do with the scout law.. But, if you change the law to that you would have inequality for those who still are trustworthy or loyal etc..

How about a nice short Scout law... "We Are!"

But, seriously, you can say the scout law just fine as a homosexual or an atheist or as a girl..

The oath is the one that gets tricky only for the atheist.

And will he be stepping down as Honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America as a sign of protest? Will he return his membership card? He's already shown his "love" for the BSA when he taped, as opposed to actually giving his speech for the Jamboree.

This is just pandering to his major donors, the Hollywood left. the only thing he needs Scouting for is to play up his pro-gay ties.

cchoat - you mean that you "interpreted" his actions the way you want to interpret them.. I am taking from your words your love of our president, which sort of colors your perceptions.

It is not like Obama is the first president ever to miss a BSA Jamboree.. The last 2 presidents only were in office for 2 terms, but only made the 4 year Jamboree once while in office.. Which means they made it one term and missed it another term.

Perhaps Obama will go to the Jamboree during his second term in office.. (snicker, snicker) I knew you would like that one..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/obama-missing-historic-boy-scout-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping/

(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Moose,

President Obama has every right to say what he wants about the Boy Scouts. But why does he not respect the organization's right as a private group to make it's own membership requirements.

Why does he wade into the issue? Why does Mitt Romney? Why should they have the right to force a private group to open it's membership? What happened to the constitutional right of free association? If it's ok to force the BSA, then who's next?

Brewmeister - this policy has nothing to do with the scout law.

Well ok, then maybe we can change the last line of the Oath to "morally ambiguous?"

On my honor I will do my best, unless it gets too hard, to do my duty, to God, unless I don't believe in one, and my country, unless that seems to jingoistic,...

What the hell, let's just toss it all out the window.

Who said anything about force?.. All they voiced was opinion. Perhaps more people may take note of their opinions over that of you or me. But, all it is is an opinion..

Did you hear anything about either of them taking action against BSA to force them to close their doors if they did not change their ways? In fact Obama said it is a fine institution, but...

Sounds like someone's buttons are being pushed, for sure.

On topic, here's a brainstorming question. Can you think of other organizations where both Romney and Obama have stated that they are opposed to the current policy of the organization? (Don't count foreign governments or terrorist organizations or crime rings - I'm just thinking about normal, everyday, American organizations).