Hope and change explained, finally

I think I finally figured out what Obama really meant with his campaign theme from 2008, namely "hope and change."

He was anticipating that few of his ideas would actually work and he would be forced to repeatedly change his policies and hope the new policies would produce the desired result.

It's fun when you think of a Troll

Be they Tolkenish, Nyform or droll

Be they big as a house

or a small as a mouse

They're all fun to have and to hol'

Yah, figured a hopeful limerick would be good for a change. ;)

Here I thought Change meant changing the trajectory at which our debt climbs and then Hope we don't figure it out while he's still president that that trajectory is like handing our children a country with all the makings of Greece's crises.

I cannot respect most Republicans and liberals, but moreso liberals for wanting to create a Huxley-esque world. Granted, the Republicans have a Ministry of Truth in Fox News and their taste for war is quite Orwellian.

There are probably only three people I think would change the status quo by being in our Executive Branch; Gary Johnson, Ron Paul, and Andrew Napalitano. The latter being a VP for either of the two GOP candidates for President in that mix.

Trolls come from lands far and near

Through legends and myth they appear

But right now, Today!

To the GREAT USA

They wish comfort and love without fear!

Yah, who'd of thunk it. Do yeh know the internet is so great and so, well, weird that there are whole pages of troll limericks? :)(This message has been edited by Beavah)

I am much happier with this president than the last one, George W., and I believe that he will do a much better job than his competition. Face it times are rough, and he was thrust into tough times with an uncooperative congress. For those of you that believe he was in control the first two years, I remind you that the opposition was misusing the filibuster during this period and was obstructing all that he was trying to change.

Despite this, he has kept many of his promises, e.g. the affordable health care act (he said he would make health reform a top priority and he did-now people are surprised, we would pull back from Iraq, he would finish the job with Bin-Laden, etc.

It seems that this President has been much more effective with protecting the home land as well. All we heard from W. was how there were no terrorist attacks after 9/11. Somehow it escapes him that 9/11 happened on his watch. I am happy to say that there were no homeland terrorist attacks under the current President's watch. He has shown himself to be strong by authorizing the killing of the Somali pirates, Bin Laden and Omar Khadafy also fell during his watch.

The economy is bad but starting to improve, and guess what we still have an auto industry and a banking industry that W. tried to ruin. All in all, without opposition spin this Administration has not done too badly with the deck they were dealt.

(This message has been edited by johnponz)