Putting the trangender shoe on the other foot

And to clarify: I never stopped my son from drawing, playing with dolls, or setting up a play kitchen. Him doing those things didn't make him a girl. Not anymore than me playing ball and climbing on trees when I was young made me a boy.

Just because this boy wanted a little pony birthday party doesn't make him a girl. He just wanted that probably because his sister had one and having no dad (and most likely no male figure in his life) he didn't know any better.

I love the mom's quote "what's the big deal?". It isn't, woman. YOU are making it a big deal by making a big stink, going to the media, and you will most likely sue.

The eons of therapy that would take to straighten this kid up (and I don't mean sexually) boggles the mind.(This message has been edited by momof2cubs)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the children?? It ends when you can say you have done all you can to influence the lives of the children who come to you in a positive and caring way. Regardless of how screwed up the parents have made them, or they have made themselves.. Or regardless of the birth defects they are born with that no one but God had a hand in, but for some reason, offends your sensabilities..

For the Adults, as long as they don't promote their sexuality (regardless of their leanings), don't send up any red flags on their security checks and portrays what the CO deems a positive role model..

I'd say that we have to go with the child's legal gender (this may or may not be the gender on the birth certificate, depending on your state laws).

On the other hand, we don't do any gender checks, so if the child actually presented as a boy and the parent claimed the child was a boy, I don't think we'd even know.

The kids would know. The kids would point it out.

I think it would potentially be a disruption of nuclear explosion scale for most units. It's mainly because this is obviously a polarizing subject, and polarization of a unit is never ever a good thing.

The kids will also point out the fat sloppy cub scout kid. Or the one with Autism, or the one who always has a drippy nose, or the retarded one..

So let us just do away with all that don't fit our mode of "normal", because all our scouts are bullies and we wouldn't want to teach them to be anything else.. Especially if we can't behave any better then that ourselves.

Oh please. You know that that's not what we are saying.

The only reason this boy thinks he's a girl is because his mother didn't teach him different. This is NOT at ALL anything like having a pudgy BOY, or an autistic BOY, or a runny-nosed BOY.

I would welcome this BOY into Cub Scouts with open arms. I think it will do him a world of good.

Oh please, yourself.

If you have ever gotten to know somebody who actually is transgender, then you probably also know that it goes way beyond enjoying drawing, cooking, or playing with dolls.

Nobody who is serious makes an argument that a boy is really a girl, because they like to cook or draw.

That's like arguing that a girl who likes baseball is really a boy.

There's a huge difference between kids who tend to defy gender role norms (girls who like sports, boys who like drawing) on one hand, and people who believe they are in the wrong physical gender (physically a female but identify as a male or v/v). As I understood it, Nike was asking about the former and not the latter.

Let's treat this as the serious issue it is, rather than lampooning it.

Actually the boy who is a cross dresser is on the other thread.. This thread is about girls who dress & act like boys.. Which morphed into intersex children, which morphed into a variety of differences based on gender identity issues.. So I guess when we morphed into all children with gender identity issues the boy on the other thread is part of that, but not all of that..

Anyway my comment is to the comment that they should all be rejected from cub scouts because they would all be a disruption.. Regardless of if it is a birth defect or something else..

I like to cook. So did Justin Wilson

I also like to draw. So did Leonado DaVinci. And so Did Picaso ( even though I think my dog could paint better) :)

I also love my wife who is 100% woman.

Last year, Santa Claus brought me a brand new glass top stove with all the bells and whistles. I was happy since I love to cook.

He also brought my wife a 42" Vizio HD tv. She was very happy too.

I'm not that big a tv guy outside of the news and weather and the occasional NASCAR race as well as stuff on History channel.

For about just under a year now, I wear men's compression pants at night , which helps immensely with my legs and calves cramping. Not potassioum issues eiter.

My wife likes to wear men's "wifebeaters as a base layer over her bra, but under he button up shirts as they are thinner and more comfortable than a regular tshirt.

So, I cook, the stove is mine and you could basically say I wear a pairof spandex leggings 3 or 4 nights a week.

My wife watches a wide screen hi def tv set and wears mucle shirts.

Good thing that that mom didn't raise us cause I also like to target shoot rifles, I loove camping, fishing, swimming boating, canoeing, hiking, and guy movies. You know theones: Something has to blow up, somebody has to drive 200 miles an hour while shootring or getting shot at, some woamn gets naked at least once, and the military gets called in.

Yeah, a typical guy movie.

My wife likes romantic comedies ( wich is an oxymoron if you ask me) puppies and kitties and anything that shows on the Lifetime channel.

So what does that make us?

Normal!

In used to rec play volley ball , but I also played baseball and football.

My wife grew up a tomboy who wore shorts and rode bikes and played sports, but grew up into a very beautiful woman who wears girl stuff: dresses, skirts, tight jeans, leggings, jewelry, some make up, etc...

Assuming I was the CC, and if my CO had no objection, yes. I would sign the app, after a long discussion with the parents. I would have no policy grounds on which to refuse. Would it be disruptive, sure. Would other parents pull out, sure. But to me, gender identity disorder is a mental disorder (ICD-9 302.85), and would be not unlike taking in a special needs kid with Asperger's or Down's syndrome. We would do the best we could and would explain to the parents we are just other parent volunteers, not mental health professionals and cannot ensure their child a positive experience.

Assuming any plastic surgeon would perform gender reassignment surgery on an anatomically normal minor... No, I would not verify "boy parts". Just read an article where a genetically XY male was born with "ambiguous genitalia". A malformation that resulted in a vestigial penis and undetectable testicular tissue. The decision was made to surgically reassign the baby to a female. She should grow up to be a Girl Scout.