The Price and the Promise of Citizenship - Obama

I don't buy into this theory either, but a big part of what is driving it is one of Obama's relatives claims he was born in Kenya, and that she was at the hospital when it happened. Why she would claim that is anybody's guess, but that is what started it all - one of his own relatives, not some "conspiracy theory wingnut."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but a big part of what is driving it is one of Obama's relatives claims he was born in Kenya

Yah, this stuff is hysterical,eh?

The nutjob filin' the lawsuit claims that a minister whose name he won't reveal interviewed Obama's grandmother. Obama's grandmother only really speaks Luo, but in the pseudo-transcript provided, the translator is speakin' kiSwahili. Her answers aren't actually included in the transcript, just the no-name translator's broken English.

The man supposedly got this tape through an itinerant preacher who believes himself to be an Anabaptist minister (even though he isn't), and who is distinguished by such astute insights as claiming the 9/11 Flight 93 memorial in Pennsylvania is a "monument to Islam."

Honestly, yeh can't make this stuff up it's so rich.

Beavah

OK, Inspector Beavah, debunk the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FqVRWgrNw&eurl=http://blog.barofintegrity.us/2008/11/01/barack-nate-dhalani.aspx?ref=rss

And just for kicks and grins, how about this interview?

A radio interview with Kenyan Ambassador Peter N.R.O. Ogego:

Clark: "We want to congratulate you on Barack Obama, our new president, and you must be very proud."

Ogego: "We are. We are. We are also proud of the U.S. for having made history as well."

Fellhauer: "One more quick question, President-elect Obama's birthplace over in Kenya, is that going to be a national spot to go visit, where he was born?"

Ogego: "It's already an attraction. His paternal grandmother is still alive."

Fellhauer: "His birthplace, they'll put up a marker there?"

Ogego: "It would depend on the government. It's already well known."

Things that make you go hmmmmmm... :-)

Beavah,

You are correct, the birth certificate is issued by the state. It is available in the hospitals where it is filled out by the attending physician. It is not official until stamped by the state. I never said that it was issued by the hospital. It is available and filled out there. So we are in agreement I believe.

:)

Yah, that video just repeats da stuff I reported on in my previous post, eh?

I love the way the phrase they claim means "he was born in this village" is done as a cutaway and a voiceover in a different voice. Only after that do they actually show video of the woman talkin', where she doesn't say that.

Honestly, don't let me or any bit of rationality stand between yeh and what yeh want to believe. Just know that there's treatment available. ;)

Beavah

Beavah, I have seen and heard some off-the-deep-end viewpoints around these parts but nothing, and I really mean 'nothing', I have seen or heard comes close to matching what you described in that previous post. Just for laughs, I might let a few students have some fun with it. One of the subtopics I encourage them to pursue is the concept of deception. Like you said, rich material indeed.

My children were born in the same hospital. We needed passports but never had birth certificates issued (or else we lost them or something). Anyway, I merely paid a visit to the county health department, paid the appropriate fees, and had their birth certificates printed and mailed to us. No problem.

Aside from some people who seriously need to consider a visit to the skull ranch, I don't understand why this is such a big deal.

• 1 year later...

Quick followup: the state of Hawaii has just closed the door for requests for the Obama birth certificate. It is heartening to learn that the 50 or so monthly requests seem to be coming from the same small number of individuals. The lesson is that once you've been turned down, don't keep making the same request and expecting a different outcome.

Evidently, these conspiracy guys are now focusing on Obama's social security number. At least they're predictable.

Christian Science Monitor article