Gay Penguins?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time someone brought in the "soft cushions and comfy chayah...". I'm tired of standing .

'FRONTIERS OF MEDICINE PART 2'

'THE GATHERING STORM'

Cut to presenter at desk.

Presenter: Penguins, yes, penguins. What relevance do penguins have to the furtherance of medical science? Well, strangely enough quite a lot, a major breakthrough, maybe. It was from such an unlikely beginning as an unwanted fungus accidentally growing on a sterile plate that Sir Alexander Fleming gave the world penicillin. James Watt watched an ordinary household kettle boiling and conceived the potentiality of steam power. Would Albert Einstein ever have hit upon the theory of relativity if he hadn't been clever? All these tremendous leaps forward have been taken in the dark. Would Rutherford ever have split the atom if he hadn't tried? Could Marconi have invented the radio if he hadn't by pure chance spent years working at the problem? Are these amazing breakthroughs ever achieved except by years and years of unremitting study? Of course not. What I said earlier about accidental discoveries must have been wrong. Nevertheless scientists believe that these penguins, these comic flightless web-footed little bastards may finally unwittingly help man to fathom the uncharted depths of the human mind. Professor Rosewall of the Laver Institute.

A scientist with tennis courts in the background. He wears a white coat.

SUPERIMPOSED CAPTION: 'PROF. KEN ROSEWALL'

Scientist (Australian accent) Hello. Here at the Institute Professor Charles Pasarell, Dr Peaches Bartkowicz and myself have been working on the theory originally postulated by the late Dr Kramer that the penguin is intrinsically more intelligent than the human being.

http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/episode38.htm#6

Oh, bugger!!

Stop picking on the Spanish Inquisition!

I once referred the head of the physical therapy clinic where I was being treated for an injury to the Spanish Inquisition. I told her I thought she would do very well there. Her response was, "All my patients tell me that!"

What's next, Men in Tights?

By the way, I am sitting at home watching a swift water rescue live on local (DC TV). 66" water main broke turning a suburban road into a river, stalled cars turned it into rapids. Drivers and passengers have been rescued by helicopter and a swift water rescue team in a john boat.