Conservatives more honest than liberals

That's funny. Me and mine have no credibility with GW yet the Bush administration is held in the highest regard. I guess that makes sense. Also makes the point of the thread. Liberals honestly know how when their lying, conservatives perhaps believe their own lies and thus don't think they are lying.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie getting a little strange was the least of it.

As for credibility, let's look at Gern the great environmentalist (by his own admission). Does this person who loves nature drive a hybrid or an electric car? Nooooo. He drives a great big truck and a German autobahn cruiser. Smells like a duck to me but to a liberal it's okay because "he needs them."

Now where's that "ignore" button.

I have never had a problem with the WMD thing. I do think Iraq had them. I think they got rid of 'em before we found 'em! My problem with W is his lack of doing anything about domestic issues! He is the biggest waffler I have ever seen & we have had some real weffler's in the White House!

You know Ed, (sit down for this) I tend to agree. The lives being lost in Iraq are tragic but they knew the score when they volunteered (and here I don't want to give the impression that I minimize the loss of innocent lives in Iraq). It will have a long-term effect on our national defence as well. But what this guy has done to the national debt and the domestic programs - we poured our treasure as well as blood out on the sand... not to mention the international diplomatic capital that we also poured out on the sand...we will live with the consequences of his self-deceptions and folly for a very long time. I too have never seen the like of it in my lifetime.

Bin Laden is still thumbing his nose....and possibly getting the last laugh on this president - at our nation's expense.

If I wasn't so tired from watching the Pens win in triple OT last night, I might have fallen out of my chair packsaddle!

As my wife's uncle use to say, "Dumb as mud fence" is an accurate description of W.

Tell a lie long enough and good people will believe it as the truth or something like that. Not sure who said it, but Ive seen that occur in my lifetime many times over especially by politicos who have an axe to grind.

Bush may have told a lie or two I wouldnt put my life up for grabs based on anyones ability to be wholly honest all the time. That said - I dont believe hes guilty of the big lies that many accuse him of uttering. I know the accusations so please dont list them for me again. I also know that there have been plenty of reinterpretations made to portray Bush as the person liberals love to hate. So be it. Hate him.

Soon there will be a new President, and liberals (and those who drink their Kool-Aid) will have a new opportunity to smear the next guy. Or, if things go their way, they can bury their heads in the sand and scream into the earth about how much better things are now with their man (or woman) in office.

I believe the war our troops are fighting against terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan is realand it needs to be fought as much as possible in those arenas, lest we want to see those battles played out in our streets on a regular basis. Yesterday, when 3,000 plus Americans were murdered in THIS country simply for being American (or associating with Americans) - Bush, Rudy Giuliani, and others (many of which were Democrats touting their patriotism) were considered strong and brave leaders. And we were extremely happy to have them in office especially given the alternative. Today, because many Americans have memories which fade as quickly as their emotions (and convictions, or the lack thereof, to match); Bush is accused of war-mongering for oil. Tomorrow, when some horrible crime against humanity is committed in the name of Allah, there will be a new story to spin and new lies to embrace But ultimately, most will fall their knees in prayer and ask for strong leaders with convictions to do the right thing. Whatever Bushs flaws may be; Im thankful to have him in office. Someday soon, probably much sooner than I want I believe most folks in this country will long for his presence or someone just like him to be in office again. Sadly that day may not be soon enough to make a difference.(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

I may get tired of typing it and you may get tired of reading it, but why are we in Iraq in the first place? Because Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1991 and didnt beleive the wolrd would do anything about it. Number 41 did something about it and forced Irag out of Kuwait. Then Saddam signed a Peace Treaty. One which he didnt honor and after 17 (?) UN resolutions saying Saddam should honor his own promises GW (and not our favorite poster) took matters in his own hands.

Should we have invaded Iraq? I dont know, if we hadnt and 2 years ago or 2 years hence when sarin gas is released in a New York subway people would hunt GW down and demand to know why he didnt do anything.

Thats the problem with watershed moments, once done you cant go back

Those WMD? we knew he had then because WE gave them to him when he was fighting the Iranians

Rooster! What are you doin' here??! Good to "see" you again, eh?

I hear what you're sayin', but I'm in Ed's camp on this. W. has been a major disappointment because he abandoned nearly all of da tenets of classic conservativism. I'm less upset that he fabricated a bit about WMD than I am about how he pretended to be a thoughtful conservative and patriot.

He promised us in 2000 that during his presidency we would never engage in "nation building." Then he got us into da most absurd nation-building project in our history.

He promised us in 2000 that he was a fiscal conservative who would continue a surplus budget while responsibly cuttin' taxes. Then he led us into borrow-and-spend recklessness with breathtaking abandon. Highest ever irrational subsidies.

He promised us integrity after the smut and "what 'is' means" of the Clinton years. Then we got wartime fabrications, outing undercover CIA agents for political ends, signing statements, secret overseas prisons, warrantless wiretapping and searches, and executive memos authorizing torture of prisoners.

Most disturbing, he promised us competence after years of Clinton crony-ism. Then he gave us the most bumbling cronies ever, from Brown at FEMA to Gonzales at Justice to nominatin' Myers for the Supreme Court. He promised respect for da men and women in the Service, and instead we got ignorin' the generals, stop-losses, nationalizing the Guard, micromanagin' field commanders and endless high-tempo deployments.

Outside of judicial appointments and payin' lipservice to conservative social values, the man has been a fraud. Hasn't even come close to bein' a real conservative in my books.

Hey, I'm a conservative. Like GAHillBilly's article says, I have to be honest. :)

Beavah

Beavah, where have YOU been? Rooster's been back with us for a while now...I thought you would have noticed. Good to have him back to argue with too.

Ahem, I have not forgotten your comment that I made you look like a liberal. ;)

Heh, heh, heh.....

Wow.

I voted for the man twice, but I didn't realize anyone was still "for" him. I'm with Beavah -- he's been a HUGE disappointment. I don't blame him so much for the Iraq/WMD debacle -- after all, Saddam had even fooled his own top generals on that issue -- as I do for keeping "Dumsfield" in office long after every noncom and private in uniform realized he was an arrogant high-IQ idiot.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Obama will be worse. Has anyone else noticed that he has the MOST liberal voting record, by several metrics, of any current US senator? Once he leaves office, I'm afraid Federal law will only allow Scout troops to appoint new SM's who are in a committed, and temporarily monogamous, homosexual relationship, lest the Scouts be distorted by overexposure to sexist and classist views concerning the viability of the oppressive right-wing and male dominated traditional family structure.

And, once Obama pulls all the troops, gas prices will be $25/gallon and the OTHER Obama -- sorry, Osama -- will rule Iraq.

People often say, "it couldn't be worse". Truth is, that's never true.

Bush screwed up in Iraq very badly. Obama can, and probably will, screw it up much worse. But, as was written, "these are the times that try women's souls!".

GaHillBilly

"As my wife's uncle use to say, "Dumb as mud fence" is an accurate description of W. "

That's why he graduated from an Ivy Leage School, earned an MBA, was governor of one of our largest states and is now President. And your accomplishments are?

Based on the demonstrated writing and spelling skills of most of the people on this forum, few are any more intelligent than you assert W to be.(This message has been edited by Gold Winger)

That's why he graduated from an Ivy Leage School, earned an MBA, was governor of one of our largest states and is now President.

Yah, probably why we need an amendment that prohibits dynastic candidates for president, whether it be sons or spouses. ;) All such folks are likely to get to positions by virtue of their association and da efforts of their family, rather on their own merits and accomplishments. Bad enough when it destroys a family business, as happens often enough.

With three hundred million people, I figure there have to be quite a few folks with the capabilities to do da job well, without relyin' on da "next in line to succeed to the throne."

B

GW,

I've known an MBA or two who is as dumb as a mud fence! A bunch of sheepskin & letters don't make ya smart!

I do believe Saddam had to go! And I am glad W took the initiative to get rid of him! I feel the world is a better place without him.

What I don't like about W is his lack of doing anything on the domestic side! Gas prices are out of control! The economy is in the tank! And what is W doing about it? Staying the course? Yeah, that'll work!

I don't know who will end up in the White House for the next four years but I do hope whoever it is will help kick start the economy & get us back on track.

And it is great to have Rooster back!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10