Boy Scout mention in upcoming Adam Sandler comedy

Ed, if you had actually read the article I linked to, the entire article is how this movie (and many previous movies) are filled with political messages. You can't even see them when they're pointed out to you. But that's nothing new.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew Adam Sandler was such an important opinion leader. Personally, I intend to boycott this movie--but since I've boycotted all of his movies, that's not much of a statement. By the way, if it's like most of his movies, I expect you'll see gay groups criticizing it too.

When a publication is

News, Reviews & Commentary on Gay and Bisexual Men in Entertainment and the Media

what would you expect, Merlyn? An unbiased review? I doubt it.

And again, when in doubt, berate!

How about that legal discrimination!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

Ed, what's with the backpedalling? At first you said it wasn't political, even though the entire review was about how movies (even comedies) can be political, and now you're backpedalling and talking about how it must be biased. Wow, if it's biased, then it must be political, contrary to your earlier assertion, eh?

At least you admit that the BSA discriminates (legally, of course; I know I have to add that or you'll harp on it like it somehow proves your point, whatever that's supposed to be).

Silly me! I forgot how hard it is for Merlyn to follow things! The movie isn't political! Never said it was! The review is biased! Does that make it political? Nope! Just biased! So sorry I didn't give ya a road map so you could follow along! My bad!

Everyone & every organization discriminates to some extent. Some legal & some illegal! Big whoop!

Hey Merlyn, have ya posted yer disdain about the illegal Little League discrimination on the appropriate site? If not, why not?

Ed Mori

Ed writes:

Silly me! I forgot how hard it is for Merlyn to follow things! The movie isn't political! Never said it was!

How hard it is for ME to follow things?

Ed, re-read what I wrote:

"At first you said it wasn't political"

Does that look like I said you said it was political? No.

Yes, you're saying the review is "biased" in some unspecified way. If the movie isn't political at all, what is there for the review to be biased about?

Oh well, I just thought it was worth commenting on that the Boy Scouts are now being depicted as anti-gay bigots in a mainstream movie, and that's pretty typical of how a lot of people see the Boy Scouts now. I understand why you would try to throw red herrings at my post by ridiculously accusing me of not violating copyright and posting the entire review here (instead of just referring to the Boy Scout-related content and including a link to the story, so anyone who can click a link can read it), but you're just grasping at straws, as usual. You can't attack the message, so you attack the messenger.

Oh well, I just thought it was worth commenting on that the Boy Scouts are now being depicted as anti-gay bigots in a mainstream movie, and that's pretty typical of how a lot of people see the Boy Scouts now.

And the Little League isn't depicted that way????? Who beside you see the Boy Scout as bigots? Names, please.

If this is such an important part of the movie, why did no one else but a pro-gay article pick up on it?

How's that post on the Little League forum coming, Merlyn?

Ed Mori

Ed writes, for some unknown reason:

And the Little League isn't depicted that way?????

Who said the LL isn't depicted that way? I certainly didn't; I even said that they were depicted as breaking the law in the movie.

Who beside you see the Boy Scout as bigots? Names, please.

Wendy Kaminer, Gery Armsby, Austin Cline, Matt Coles, and that's just looking at the first few matches for '"Boy Scouts" bigots' out of 46,500 matches.

If this is such an important part of the movie, why did no one else but a pro-gay article pick up on it?

Because the movie isn't out yet, Ed.

How's that post on the Little League forum coming, Merlyn?

You mean the red herring forum?

I thought we were discussing a movie not fish! Although I do like herring!

Your only point in posting only part of the article was to point out how the BSA feels about gay leaders. They don't like them. They don't want them as leaders nor do they have to accept them as leaders. If your true intentions were to point out something amiss you would of posted on a Little League forum about how the movie depicts them illegally discriminating & called them names! But no! You really don't care about that!

So how's that Little League post coming? Here's an address http://www.littleleague.org/ I'm sure you can navigate around the site & find a place to air your grievances.

Nice list! Thanks! Got any non-atheist or non-gay people who side with you?

Ed Mori

I left out what was irrelevant.

To who? You? Certainly not to someone who wanted the whole story. At some point, that link won't be valid & the only thing people will know is what you posted, Merlyn.

How's that Little League post coming along?

Ed Mori

"Ed, you still have no idea why I posted, so your bizarre "reasons" you make up for me are way off."

I'm not sure I know why you posted, either. Your old posts used to suggest that your beef with BSA was that it received public funds while discriminating against atheists, and that this was against the law. I guess you've broadened your purpose to point out all of BSA's discriminatory ways, whether they are legal or not. You come across as somebody who is just an enemy of BSA, and who takes glee in any public criticism of BSA, even if it's something as lame and inconsequential as a scene in an Adam Sandler movie. I guess it provides a hobby for you, and for Ed and some of the rest of us, too.