Oliver North says his past is not in conflict with BSA values

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1179024940100300.xml&coll=1

In Derry Twp. last night for a fundraiser for the Keystone Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America, North said his record does not conflict with Scout values.

"I carried out the lawful orders of my superiors to the best of my ability," North said before heading to a dinner for about 300. "It was a long, painful ordeal for my family. Do I look back on that with any degree of 'shoulda-woulda-coulda'? One of the things that scouting teaches you is, you trip and fall on one of those long hikes, you get back up, dust yourself off and catch up."

He seems to have forgotten that he admitted he lied to congress.

...and the group paid him how much to hear that??

I'm in the wrong career...

Then again, I am paid well in my Scout career. My pay just doesn't seem to include money. Maybe I'm just thinking about my other life...

Colonel North would not want to be found in a room of former regiment/brigade commanders, battalion commanders and sergeants major... they would excoriate him.

He was a Pentagon puke. A political officer.

Give me General Powell any day of the week.

Personal opinion time:

North either committed the crimes he was accused of and lied to get out of it, or he was a patsy for those who did. Either way, I find I have little respect for him, and probably less respect for those who actually pay him to spout his rhetoric.

Was North a Scout?

Ed

I would beg to differ about the Pentegon Puke part.

He was the s-3 Ops "O" for 3/8 in 1979. Hardly a Beltway Bandit.

We will never know what really happened. I think he did what "Dutch" wanted him to do. Plain and simple.

Probably made him famous and alot richer than some no name Ret'd Lt. Col.

He took the fall for the President, calling him a patsy belittles the position he was in. I would not want to be the one standing with no chair when the music stopped, and he was.