Rumsfeld steps down

Gonzo1

Pro ball lost its flavor when J. Jones took over the Cowboys and summarily got rid of the only Coach they ever had but then went on to win a few Superbowls with old College Coaches. I still tune in to a game or two on Sundays of whomever is on and root for both teams. I just cant get that stink out of my nose no matter how good a job he did. The same thing happened with baseball when they started paying astronomical salaries. I am happy the Cards won this year because they won with a bunch of retreads. No matter what, I can call a play as good as any other Arm Chair QB.

You and I may very well vote on the same issues from time to time, so there is hope of crossing over party lines in spite of our differences.

If we ever meet at a Scout camp, I wont hesitate to give you a hug but only if we have two-deep leadership and cobbler.

In a year or two, we should put out a request for any and all in the forum to meet at Philmont for a specific training session. Sitting under the azure sky in Gods Country may heal all wounds and bring new understanding to those that have weathered the many storms of the Internet Scouter Forum. fb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trev,

There are so many and all with different opinions; some that can stir the pot without a ladle from a distance. At first, I don't think we should identify ourselves to see if we can figure out who each person is by listening to them speak from across the room. Seeing each other in person is probably disorienting, similar to listening to someone on the radio. I don't think we could ever be the same after finding out about each other in person and that would be just fine. fb

FB,

I have been through a similar experience, in the Highpower rifle game. Many of us got to know each other through web pages similar to this one, and we then started meeting at the National Matches. For the most part, it is a very enjoyable experience. The online conversations become more meaningful and personable, as you can imagine. Many highpower shooters get to see each other every year at the championships, so some real friendships develope. The funny thing is many of these people were going to the matches for years, but never got to know each other - there just weren't that many opportunities to do so in the schedule. But now shooters set up places to meet after the matches, and find out where others are staying, so they can look them up. Too bad we don't have an annual event like that where everyone gets together. Heh, the 2007 National Annual Meeting will be held in Atlanta, in May. Anyone planning on attending?