Making sense of what we share

"some of you guys are the worst Metaphor-ists on the planet. If we could stay away from sinking ships, fast food chains and our very own special mixture of Algebra and Geometry, I think we might more often make sense to each other." jd

When I began here at the Forum, I figured it as being a good way to hone my skills in the ancient and fine art of writing. What I have found is that attempts at expressing oneself is as full of twists as a mangled and tangled fishing line and then even that looks easy by comparison. Sometimes the only person that we communicate with is ourselves. It becomes a personal expression or Narcissism of the mind or a long hard look into our own looking glass instead of interactive communication. We shoot for sharing information but sometimes it only becomes a compilation of the same material rehashed and/or we turn it into a Hamlet monologue, "spoken by a fool". Then there is the undertow that can easily drag one far out to sea and elicit enough anger and wrath to the point of drowning from an abundance of fatigue and ignorance. Of course this is usually done without a Lifeguard or even a life-jacket or a boat. We are driven by a competition for rightness or for wisdom or for a depth of knowledge that leads us merrily down Victory Lane in a blaze of self glory but most of the time, nobody is watching or even cares as we drive happily by waving and shouting with index finger stuck high in the air.

I suppose if we were really good at expressing ourselves, we wouldn't be here hacking away like a dog digging up little varmints to eat.

I can't think of anymore right now because my well-spring has run bone dry.

Parched from lack of metaphors, I drag my weary sack of verbalizations to the bitter end of this post and to bed.

Good nighten comrades,

FB

Geeze Fuzzy, first I thought you were pulling my leg, or at the very least busting my chops, but in keeping my eye on the ball and shoulder to the wheel I think if we keep our nose to the grindstone, we can make hay while the sun shines. Even though we have some of the dimmer bulbs in the box as posters, we never seem to be at a loss for a discussion. Even when it rains cats and dogs in the big easy we dont seem to be able to pull in the same direction.