I think this sums it all up.....

Who, exactly, did this offend again?

I must have missed that part.

While many people may not agree with this list, I can't really see any particular reason to be offended.

"but the world is full of idiots and probably always will be"

That appears to by a more or less true observation. Can anyone site evidence to refute it? I think the idea is that there will always be some idiot saying something stupid and offensive, and just because they are an idiot saying stupid and offensive stuff gives us no right to make them shut up. Sure, the person preaching about putting the wonders of segregation is an idiot saying stupid and offensive things. However, we have no right to make him stop talking.

The end where it mentions idiotic laws made by those confused by the Bill or Rights also seems to hold true. Idiotic laws are bad. (Though we all probably have a different idea of what is an idiotic law.) Giving power to make laws to anyone confused by the Bill of Rights also seems a less than great idea (though we all probably have slightly different ideas about the Bill of Rights).

While there is much in this list that a person could disagree with, or possibly refute, I don't see any of it as being particularly offensive. If you are being offended by the fact that someone is suggesting that something you feel entitled to is not actually a right, well then I guess you feel offended by at least 50% of peoples' political positions.

I don't agree with everything on this list. Yet I don't feel offended. Remarkable.

We the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I have seen the above in many forms, from a huge slick glossy almost Peter Maxx-ish poster to hand written in pencil on a bare wood wall with many versions in between. Say this to a group of workers and invariably the comment comes back, thats good, can you write that down?. It seems to strike chord with all who hear it. Which is rather scary.

I am going to talk about my experience in hospitals, because thats what I know, I am sure the core of what I speak is true in many areas of life.

When I was an hourly worker, the above slogan seemed to sum up perfectly my lot. My Supervisor and Manager of the Dept. clearly did not understand what it took for me to do my job, I couldnt understand how those so clueless could possibly have the positions they did.

When I became a Dept Manager the above slogan certainly fit the Senior Administration team, such as it was, of the hospital, with budget concerns and personnel issues, they clearly didnt understand what is took to keep the Departments going.

After a few years I came to know the CFO of the hospital. When I showed him the above slogan he laughed and said it perfectly summed up the feelings of the Senior Administration group as the Administrator of the hospital clearly didnt understand the vital role the CFO, the Chief Nursing Officer, The COO, The Assistant Administrator of Ancillary Services, and the Assistant Administrator of Building Management all played.

Once, in an unguarded moment, the Administrator made a comment that lead me to believe perhaps he too would have found connection to the slogan as clearly no one understood the pressures of running a hospital, juggling the demands and expectations of physicians, patients, employees, Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance Companies.

It seems we want to believe that it is an us versus them world, and that no one else faces the same pressures, obstacles and frustrations than we do because if ever it was proven everybody faces pretty much the same challenges, then each group would cease to be special and we would have to admit commonality from those who we want to distance ourselves. And if we have just a little something in common, could there be anything else and what if we found we had more in common than different?

The Horror, the Horror