Hi guys and gals:

I have no idea where this thread will go, but I hope all will take a deep breath and realize that tomorrow is the day we're supposed to remember all veterans, especially those who fell in battle for the USA.

There has been a lot of fighthing going on in the issues and politics section in the last few days. I've read it, but haven't participated.

Atheist or homosexual, republican or democrat, Kerry fan or Bush fan, can we not all agree to take a break. Maybe drink a beer and have a good brat as we praise the men and women who have served our country through battles both popular, unpopular and fought, or unfought? Or those who spent time preparing to fight for our freedoms who had the fortune not to need to do so?

Give it a rest for a day, would you?

Unc.

This weekend, those of us who are soldiers or are Veterans honor our comrades-in-arms who fell "supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic...", who fell because they were told to "take that hill" or "knock out that machine gun nest" or "keep the Japanese from taking over the Phillipines" or ...

I'll shed tears for these heroes, men and women alike, who gave their all for our Nation.

John

Thank you gentlemen. I think you both understand what I mean.

It would be nice to hear from everyone what the veterans mean to us. The feeling should be expressed year round, but especially on the morrow.

Unc.