Philosophy disproves Evolution

"Creation is an historical event. It did happen. Creation does not dismiss dinosaurs and the fossil record. All life came from God though. We have the same DNA as animals because God created them all."

Creation may not dismiss dinosaurs, if you disregard the inerrancy of Scripture. After all, we have no record of dinosaurs in the Bible. It doesn't explain anything about their existence or their extinction. The discovery of dinosaurs did cause quite a stir in the early 1800's. It did not fit their creationist perspective. Since then, creationism has evolved (pun intended) to try to fit the science when it could not be denied. I do not deny God or his power. It is simply clear that His creative efforts had to have used evolution over vast periods of time. Your DNA argument goes to the heart of your problem. You say DNA is as it is because God created it that way. That explains nothing nor is there any reason to accept that explanation besides it being comforting to you. If you look at the evolutionary perspective, the similarity of the chimp and human DNAactually makes sense. Animals that were found to be related on the basis of morphology, behavior and intellectual capacityare also very similar in the DNA sequences.

"Philosophy, which is a science, proves the story of Creation. You disregard the inerrancy of the Scriptures, you disregard the God who made the scriptures."

You claimed that philosophy proves the story of Genesis, from your first post onward. You have yet to make any case whatsoever. In fact, you seem to have admitted that speciation does occur and has been observed. You have also seem to have admitted that the story of creation must be accepted on faith not in God but in your particular literalistic reading of Genesis. Now you accuse me of disregarding God. When all else fails, poison the well. Is that the best you have? I am not impressed. The only thing you have proven is you fear honestly examining the issue and you don't understand evolution.

"Life begats life. All living things came from a direct creation of God. Speciation did not make apes into humans Sorry."

Life does beget life. You have accepted that evolution occurs. You have admitted that you have no scientific evidence for the creation story. You don't want to believe that humans and apes share a common anscestor, that we ARE apes. Here is a nice timeline from the PBS Evolution site.

It provides pictures of the fossils hominid, where it appears on the timeline, where it was found and information about the species. The fossils go back a lot farther than a few thousand years. You can see the change from apelike characteristics to more human over time.(This message has been edited by firstpusk)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to make a suggestion. For the most part we all seem to believe that evolution exists to some extent or another, or at least we agree that philosophy does not disprove evolution in any way. You can always convince, debate or educate a fool. However it is impossible to educate a mad man. Wheelers posts are all carbon copies of one another stating the same basic points, however providing no evidence, while several others have provided evidence through links to universities and academic associations. Let us allow the mad man to ramble on henceforth. It shall do no harm, and there seems to be no point in debating the issue when we receive the same answers, outside of the utter amusement of the results of one burring themselves in the darkest corners of libraries. Just another thought, other than a university there is only a couple other public institution where you live in poverty have free computer and library access, multiple low paying jobs, confined living quarters, and no access to transportation.

Just another thought, other than a university there is only a couple other public institution where you live in poverty have free computer and library access, multiple low paying jobs, confined living quarters, and no access to transportation.

Hmmm, sounds a lot like some places where some of my clients are residing at the present time. But I don't think they have unlimited computer access, in fact I doubt they would be able to access any web sites at all other than carefully selected legal research sites. (Especially the one who used his computer as the means to do what he did that got him where he currently is.) I have never gotten an e-mail from one of them, and since most people in those places seem to want to call their lawyer EVERY SINGLE DAY, you'd think if they had e-mail they would have figured out how to find my address. (Some of them are very good at figuring things out, unfortunately for them they figured out the wrong things.) I doubt very much whether any of them would be permitted to sit at a computer long enough to compose a lengthy forum post.

If that's what you're getting at, Sturgen.