Medical Procedure

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OGE,

Well, I can't see Jesus loving me more 45 years ago and his love getting less as I age.

Did you really miss the point or are you yanking my chain?

It doesn't matter how old you are. What matters is how you relate to others, and most particularly to Him, the Lord our God. Jesus is simply telling us we need to shed all of the garbage that we've acquired over the years (pride, anger, jealousy, self-righteousness, etc.) and approach Him as a child might approach his father.

3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3&4

Furthermore, while I dont believe Jesus love diminishes as we get older, I certainly had a lot less sins to my credit nor was my mind nearly as creative in finding new ways to bring dishonor to myself and the Lord. I yearn for the days when I trusted in my father and relied on me solely My life was a lot less complicated. Now that Im older I realize, while my fathers love and authority was imperfect, it was and is a model of Gods love and righteousness. I yearn for the day when my life will be less complicated again but next time, it will be ruled over by a father whos love and righteousness is unblemished.

4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:4-6

To paraphrase Micael Correlone, I try to get out, but they keep pulling me back in...

Rosster you posted:

By the way, Jesus valued children more than men. So, theres another reason to view a crime against a child as being more horrific than a crime against an adult.

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! 8If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell. Matthew 18:1-9

I took valued to be the same as love, maybe that was wrong, I will correct myself to say I cant beleive Jesus values me less as a grown man then he did when I was 5. If I have misunderstood your point, I apologize.

OGE,

I'm fairly confident that God loves us the same at age 45 as he did at age five. So - yes - I did not mean to imply otherwise. However, there is something to be said for the innocence and purity of love that a child possesses. And, in Matthew 18, I think God addresses that point and makes it clear that we should strive to be like a child. I don't love my sons any less today (they are all teenagers) then I did when they were in elementary school or pre-schoolers. Yet, when they were very young, our relationships were much less complicated. This world corrupts. Satan is alive and working hard to cause confusion, misunderstandings, and hardships. Until God takes us out of our natural bodies, I think our ability to love and to be loved will be somewhat hindered - If not by God, then by the rest of us in the world.

By the way, the Godfather series was great. Surprisingly, my wife really liked those movies too. I never would of thought that my wife or any woman would like that series, but she proved me wrong - It appears to be one of her goals in life.

So, here's an offer you can't refuse. I promise not to pull you back in. Because you know, I have to spend more time with the family...If you know what I mean.