A Question for Merlyn...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humor me Merlyn, Try! FOr an athiest, you seem to know some bible passages. How's that work? Isn't that like a KKK member reading a book by Martin Luther King Jr.????

You continue to not answer question you can't explain with your atheistic view therefore reducing your credibility.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

FOG:

>Let's see . .. "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

>

>Hmmmm . . . nothing about "healing without medicine" here.

It says "you WILL receive whatever you ask for".

So if a true believer prays to be healed, this bible verse says they WILL be healed -- even if they have no access to medicine.

However, like so much of the bible, it's a lie.

If prayers healed people, modern medicine would not have been developed, because people could just pray problems away. But that doesn't work, so people have developed methods that actually work, whether you believe in the right gods or not.

US law is finally reaching the point where praying for healing is not recognized as adequate medical treatment; unfortunately, children of a number of stupid, superstitious adults have had to die of treatable diseases for this to happen (see e.g. http://www.apologeticsindex.org/news1/an011109-02.html ) No doubt these parents and many of their parishoners prayed sincerely for their child to be healed, but since they put their trust in a lie, she died quite painfully.

Ed, gods don't involve themselves in childbirth, so I don't know why you think gods are needed to explain it. The same with the leaves changing color or cancer remission. I guess if you don't understand how an engine works, you'd abscribe THAT to god, too. "god" is just shorthand for "something Ed doesn't understand".

Good shot Merlyn! Nice one!

"About the best thing I've read about gods is "you'll know you've created god in your own image when he hates the same people you do". I see a lot of that."

This is where your logic is skewed. We don't create god in our image. God created us in His image!

If you believe in God - truly believe - then whatever you pray for will happen the way God feels it is best for you.

What about Satan? Do you believe in him? And how do you as an athiest explain the questions I posed?

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10