Where No One Gets Harmed In Body Or Spirit.

Those of us who have been in Scouting for any length of time know that makes this organization so good, is that we have such diversity and that everyone does bring something to the table or the campfire.

Over the years, I have made many friends, in fact nearly all my best friends are in or I have met through Scouting.

They are a mixed bunch, made up of men and women, boys who have become men and boys who are in the process of becoming men.

A good many of the older guys have at some time served on a committee, that I have also been on. At times there has been disagreements, and at times these have become heated.

I remember one night at a membership meeting our Assistant Scout Exec. got so mad that he walked out of the meeting. He only returned when he remembered that he was the one with the keys, and he had to lock up the building.

We all had a good laugh about it when we went th Eat and Park later.

Many of us are very passionate about Scouting, and can at times get so wrapped up in what we see or deem to be right that we can forget that Scouting is a safe place, where no one gets harmed in body or spirit.

Sad to say there is a posting on the forum that is not living up to this very simple rule.

I don't know if the person who posted it, thought that maybe it was funny at the time?

However, to my mind it can cause nothing but harm.

I will not have anything to do with the posting, and would hope that the person who posted it would be man enough to offer his apology.

Then we can deal with important matters like the cost of Scout Socks.

Eamonn

Great Post Eamonn! I agree.

This is one of the better Scouting sites because of the decorum that is agreed by those who choose to be members here. That apparently is being tested by a few to see how far they can get. I feel that as a Scout Leader just like many here that certain individuals have gone to far.

I for one have Scouts and Venturers, from my troop and crew, who lurk on this site to see what Mr. "M" will say about a certain topic. I for one have encouraged many of my Scouts and Venturers and parents to research the resources here at Scouter.com. What I don't like is for one of my youth members to advise me of a situation going on this forum that "So and so" are at it again.

Ladies and Gentlemen and fellow Scouters, there are YOUTH Members within our organziation and other organizations that use this site to learn more about Scouting and its programs and our ideas. Are we setting the proper example, when we attack others for what ever reason? Let us be mindful of our posts.

Yours in Scouting,

Matua

Amen Matua!

If I should ever step out of line, I pray that you and your Scouts will let me know swiftly and harshly.

This is a good place to research Scouting. But only if we all and I mean all follow the Scout Oath and Law.

Thanks for reading.

DS