from the desk of a pompous, arrogant, pedantic, closeminded bookthumper

Ed

I have decided from your post in this thread and from other posts, that you do not post what you feel and you just like to stir the pot.

I believe that if you are willing to put it in writting you should believe it.

There are enough myths around without someone adding to them.

With that I bid you well in Scouting.

dan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

OK, that's enough. Break it up. Everyone back to camp. There's nothing to see here. Move along. :)

Normally the rules of debate are pretty liberal in this area of the Forums, but at this point, the discussion can hardly be productive. The points are well made already. Reference this enlightened observation sent to me privately by another member:Can't help but think that you're observing the antics being displayed in the Politics Forum. And given the basis upon which this site and the organization were founded, I'm certain you would agree that the issues being, I'll use the term 'debated', but I hardly think that's the case, perhaps the 'battle being waged' is more to the point, would be best fought off-site...however the combatants wish to accomplish that...

The saddest part is that even now, the tit-for-tat cause and effect of accusation and rebuttal is spilling over to the keyboards of others...many of whom I would have not expected such.

Just my thoughts. Perhaps you share them. And perhaps it is, indeed, time to close that thread and ask the participants to pursue their finger-pointing (no matter how well or ill deserved) elsewhere. The whole thing begins to 'flavor' some of the newest threads being started...if you know what I mean.

TERRY HOWERTON

Rooster, "We are Bob. Resistance is futile." Magnificent! The best thing I've read in a while. ...or like the little dinosaur says, "gotta love him!".

My vote: Time to kill this thread. See you folks elsewhere.