from the desk of a pompous, arrogant, pedantic, closeminded bookthumper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

littlebillie

you wrote

The gay and atheist issues are probably the only REAL controversies the BSA faces.

I totally disagree with this statement.

I really believe the biggest issue with the BSA right now is, leaders not following the BSA program.

I am talking about AIMS and Methods of the BSA. They are either ignoring them or only using certain ones, because MOST adults either do not understand them or agree with them.

I believe that the BSA need to redo all of its training and get it back to the basics, and drill this into the leaders. Forget about tying knots and cooking at training, sit down and tell them how they will run there unit.

The BSA must get all councils on the same page for training, somehow.

danny

So is that a "yes" or "no" answer to the first question FOG?

Did you in fact steal another posters name? What credibility does that kind of behavior say of a scout leader? And what does it say of the people who were responsible for teaching you right from wrong?

Still waiting for your brush with the truth.

Bob White

Hops it's not a matter of FOG evading the truth. It is a matter of him not having been raised with character or the morals to know how to tell the truth. FOG stole another persons identity in order to gain access to this forum. He posted under that name and said on multiple occasions it was his real name. He is no doubt the same person who was at one time asked to leave this forum for his abuse of posters and for breaking the rules of the forum.

FOG has not the courage or character to admit to either. I can wait him out, but I want anyone who reads his posts to understand that it takes more than paying a $10 registration fee to be a scout leader. It takes a commitment to character that FOG has abandoned if he ever had it at all. This is not an attack on FOG, this is a defense from his attack. FOG gives the impression here is here to tell the truth as a counterbalance to my book-thumping. But his entire presence here is based on lies. His lies, and he should to own up to them.

Ever get the feeling you're about to walk into the middle of a firestorm and you won't be able to leave? That's how I feel as I write this response.

Bob writes:

"And what does it say of the people who were responsible for teaching you right from wrong?"

I won't ask for a retraction of the statement, but I really hope the conversation does not follow this track anymore. I know that present actions of a person are linked to their parents and their childhood teachings, but there is still no need for this. This is entirely my opinion, but to bring a person's parents into such a discussion turns the focus from a quest for the truth to a personal attack. Fat Old Guy's parents are not the issue and it makes me uncomfortable to read posts that can be interpreted as saying, "You have horrible parents who either screwed up or are horrible people themselves!!"

I hope others are on my side on this side-issue. The topic is ugly enough without taking these detours.

There are number of persons responsible for developing character besides parents. The question becomes, to what degree does FOG respect their efforts.

You keep avoiding the direct questions FOG, is your real name Al Lundy as you claimed it to be?

Yes or no.

Are you the same person who posted to this forum as Yaworski?

Yes or no.

Enough dancing around, muster what character you might possess and answer the questions as honestly as they were posed. The longer you wait, the more apparent the answers become to us.

I said nothing about this on this board until you opened the door when you told Dan that you didnt what lies told. Pretty ironic isnt it?

Show us how important the truth is to you FOG, answer the questions as a scouter.

dan,

Yes it is my opinion and whether it means anything to you I can't say. But it does mean something to me or I wouldn't have stated it.

Bob,

You seemed to have forgotten the one golden rule - no mothers. If I were you, I would apologize for bringing Fat Old Guy's family into this. It's the right thing to do.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10