from the desk of a pompous, arrogant, pedantic, closeminded bookthumper

No one asked you to use it.

I asked two simple questions that can be answered with a yes or no response without violating any rules.

You don't like lies, so don't, simply answer the questions honestly.

Bob White

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may never know you. You may never know me.

I can only know you by the words and thoughts you present to me here. Likewise, you can only know me by what I post, be that my very best effort, or my worst. Be that the truth, or falsehood. Be that well said, or poorly written.

Unless you are my neighbor, my friend, or a personal acquaintance, I cant possibly know you by more than what I read. I either appreciate it, or abhor it. Or perhaps have no opinion at all. I gain my knowledge and opinion of your character by what I read. Likewise, you will only gain a picture of my character and me by what I post.

I will try my very best not to mislead you, not to impress you falsely, nor to point fingers or call names, and to stick only to the subject I came here for. My trust is that each who visits here will do the same. Those who I conclude are doing otherwise, I will simply not make the effort to converse with. Why would I bother? I dont visit to make enemies I dont already have. I dont visit to get that headache Ive been missing. I dont visit to have that opportunity to throw verbal stones that I cant do elsewhere.

I visit for the purpose of learning and conversing and giving of my own little bit of knowledge about Scouting. I abhor the soapbox venues. I avoid the forums in which opinion is castigated for its very existence. I know when and where I might have something to say. I trust I know when to keep my mouth shut and my fingers off the keyboard.

And my heart tells me that most here are just like me. Just your average folk trying to learn and share.

So, why not just close this thread, as it now seems aimless and pointless. And that is by no means a judgement on those who have participated here. Its just my very own opinion of the direction here.

Lets get back to the Scouting thing. It is not our call or our station in life to agree with everyone we meet, nor even pay attention to them all if conditions warrant. It is only ours to be the best we can be, and practice that setting the example thing we talk about with our Scouts so often.

I didn't really have an opinion on the FOG/Zorn/Yaworski controversy until Mr. Guy jumped Dan over his grammar instead of responding to the issues. Very Yaworski-esque. That tipped it for me. But I don't know that identities really matter, as most of us go by an Internet handle anyway. Believe it or not, Twocubdad is not my real name.

Regardless, Mr. Guy, when you stick to Scouting, you bring some good points to the table, although I don't always agree with them. I can't say I always agree with anyone posting here. You do, however, go out of your way to antagonize and/or inflame folks. Not only is it unnecessary, but generally does little to advance your point of view or the conversation generally.

I jumped Dan? Dan made a snide comment because I couldn't understand what he wrote so I pointed out the problem with what he wrote. I guess expecting people to write in some semblence of intelligible English is expecting too much.

As for antagonizing people, I only intentionally do that to close minded, pompous book thumpers or those who can't communicate in standard English and blame me for not understanding them.

To borrow from Stan Lee, " 'nuff said."

Fat Old Guy, Mark, did indeed call himself Al Lundy. The name is not a coincidence, but I can't elaborate.

The name soon changed to something else and eventually landed on Fat Old Guy. I was one, if not the, first, who called him FOG because I find it dis-tastefull to call anyone a fat anything.

I'm not into name-calling.

DS

Yeah hey there, i dont rite to well, but it the bestest i can doit!

Ed

Thanks for your opinions on gays and athesist, good to know that it means nothing. Its only an opinion, right?

FOG

I never said Fog = Zorn or yaworski = Zorn, that is news to me.

FOG wrote Dan made a snide comment because I couldn't understand what he wrote

Uh no, me not think so, I made a snide comment that you couldnt understand, so than you said I not have good grammer. What a good answer! Thanks for that!

Fog asked where he said scouting sucks, well right here,

I think that the quality of the uniform sucks. I think that the current handbook sucks. I even think that many BSA policies suck.

Now , I have to go over to the other board, it seems to me that Al Lundy on the other board was a supporter of scouting and not tearing it down or bashing people, its hard for me to beleive that they are the same person, if true I guess hiding behind a fake name makes him feel like he can attack people and not be held accountably.

Yes, I know I have bad grammer, lets try a new verse!

I want to thank everyone who wrote me on this string and through private messaging. I recieved nearly 3 dozen emails, all but two were very supportive. I was perfectly happy answering questions through PM but many of you have asked that I not do that. So I will stay on the public posts.

I think it's important though not to close this string. Since it is in the political forum I hope Terry will continue to be liberal in the leeway he grants the discussion. Becasue this is about the politics of scouting. It is about the challenge we accept as scout leaders to exhibit a level of character that represents this program and each other.

I feel it is important that FOG be made to answer the questions I have posed him. He has stolen another persons identity to join this forum. He used it when he registered. He uses it for his e-mail, and he posted under it when he came on board. He used it for several posts and he made a big deal of it being his name. It is not. He knows it is not and at least 6 people on this board knows it is not.

He lied to Terry when he registered, he lied to all of us when he posted, and you deserve to know that. This is the same scouter who in this very thread said "I've been watching this thread for entertainment purposes but when you start lying about what I've said, I have to jump in."

Funny that he should not jump in about his own lies. This guy, who claims to be a scout leader, steals the name of a another scouter. When confronted directly about it he hides from the question.

It's time to reqire FOG to display what little he has in the way of character and answer truthfully.

Is he Al Lundy?

Is he the same person who posted as Yaworski and zorn and was told to leave for breaking the rules of this board?

I really don't care if it is yaworski and wants to return to the forum. Thats up to Terry. I just think you need, and deserve to know the truth about the character of the person who is stealing identities and slandering board members.

I ask that you not close this string until FOG answers for what he did.

Some of us know the truth. Fog is one of them. Is he man enough to tell the truth? I don't think so. I don't think he has the moral integrity to face us with the truth.

Thanks for listening,

Bob White

Dan,

For what it's worth, I understtod exactly what you meant.

I think I've found the answer to my earlier question when I read in the sheath knife thread where FOG said he used to umpire baseball. So did Yaworski. Circumstantial evidence, but I'm pretty confident in it. Plus, the attitude is about the same. Nuff said!

you know, it's just too easy to get snide or rude or just snipe at someone when you're safe behind a keyboard and a pseudonym.

but to do so REALLY evalues anything and everything you say.

the gay and atheist issues are probably the only REAL controversies the BSA faces; whatever side you support will only be hurt if you allow yourself to be seduced by anonymity.

yes - we all get a little snippy now and then, and that's going to happen in any discussion involving matters like these, that go to the very core of social structure. BUT MOST OF US can recover, and get back some sense of decorum and propriety.

We even see some heartfelt apologies.

But for ANYone who is here and sincerely believes in the worth of scouting, to do anything less than try to show basic respect for our fellow posters just chips away at our own dignity.

I don't stand on the popular side of the fence, BUT I have huge respect for most folks here, regardless - because they have the program in their hearts and THAT means they have the good of our children in their hearts.

and that's a good thing.

but if you decide to make posting here primarily some kind of verbal sniper egoistical water tower cess pool - well, you've got issues you really need to work thru before I let you near MY kid...

Danny said, "Fog asked where he said scouting sucks, well right here,

I think that the quality of the uniform sucks. I think that the current handbook sucks. I even think that many BSA policies suck."

Danny, if you equate the uniform and the handbook with Scouting, I feel sorry for you.

KWC, I don't know what you're talking about but there are tens of thousands of umpires, if not more, running around the country. If you include those who no longer umpire, the number might be in the millions. I'm sure that there are more than a few that visit this forum.

Dan what were you thinking? Equating a Boy Scout uniform and a Boy Scout Handbook with Boy Scouting?

Why that's like equating a baseball players uniform and a book on how to play baseball, with the game of baseball. Preposterous!

Next thing we know, you will be saying that an automobile and a Rules Of the Road manual are related to driving. :)

Well FOG now that we understand your depth of knowledge of the scouting program, how about taking a stab at telling the truth. There are two simple questions waiting for you to answer. It does not involve breaking any rules, being rude to posters, or revealing any confidential information. All it takes is character. If you don't have enough to answer the questions then how can you have enough to lead children.

Bob White

Bob White

"Why that's like equating a baseball players uniform and a book on how to play baseball, with the game of baseball. Preposterous! "

Thank you for proving my point, Bobby. There are nice baseball uniforms, uncomfortable baseball uniforms and cheap baseball uniforms. As for books, there are good books on baseball and bad books on baseball. However, neither the uniform nor the book is baseball.

Mr Guy, if you think the uniform is sooo bad, why? Tell us that. And the same with the Handbook and "many" of the policies. Then, maybe you should try to get them changed. Or are you gonna just hide behind the keyboard all the time?? You may not be able to do everything, but you could at least try.

Oops FOG, you quit typing before you finished your last post. You didnt answer the two questions waiting for you. Its just a few key strokes and some character. If you did not steal another persons identity and claim it as your own type NO to the first question. If you are not the same poster who has posted as Yaworski and Zorn, type No to the second question.

Dont worry about the uniform or the book or the rules for now. Concentrate on being honest. Do you have the character it takes to be a good scout leader? Will you answer these questions truthfully? I dont so.

Bob White