Having volunteered to serve on staff for an upcoming Trainer's EDGE training seminar, I've been asked to come up with some ideas for chachkas for the participants - mugs, pens, carabiners and the like that could be branded with the course logo or title and serve as a useful reminder of the course. I know there are some pros and cons to this idea in the first place, but assuming that the course director wants this to happen, does anyone have any good ideas? Cheap, easy to pesonalize, useful, scouting related if possible. And sources?? Thanks!

The cheaper they are, the more likely they will be lost/broken, which won't serve its purpose as a useful reminder of anything.

What's the needed quantity and the budget for the items? If you know someone in the promotional products business, that'd be a good person to ask.

While I'm not a big fan of this stuff, in general I hope you'll push for items that at least might get used. How about:

1. A halfway decent pen - even if left somewhere or landing in someone else's hands, it is still advertising scouting.

2. Eating utensil(s) for a mess kit with the course logo or whatnot stamped, engraved, or stenciled on them. Maybe they'll end up in the troop or pack's "guest" equipment but at least they might get used. I've seen some fairly decent lightweight yet durable plastic ones that aren't too expensive.

Agreed with nole, super-cheap crap isn't helpful to anybody and should be avoided. And in my view, skip the mug. I absolutely don't need another one in my cupboard, don't know about you! Also the only places where mugs get used in scouting are at indoor meetings and that's not where most of scouting is supposed to happen. If you absolutely must have a coffee container, at least go for one that is better suited to the outdoors (a travel mug).

I'm always up for a tee shirt. Better yet if you have some one who can screen print them in the class.

But, if you need something pre printed, I like Artscow ( http://www.artscow.com/?Ref=587076 ) . Watch their sales and you can bag some amazing deals. I like the playing cards myself but the watches are reasonable and the flipflops are just cool.

Note: they are slow so order early.(This message has been edited by wingnut)

Strangely enough, one of the things that I cherish from a course I took was something handmade out of cheap cord (like parachute cord)

Each patrol received a "monkey fist" in their patrol colors on a simple key ring. I still have the monkey fist attached to my current pack

Other thoughts:

How about a (cheap)branded flash drive with the course materials on it? (Reducing the cost of printed materials for each participant.)

A mini led flashlight

(This message has been edited by oldisnewagain1)