Contact your district training chair, and if you don't have one then your council training chair. Every council and district does things differenly. In some councils the selection process is rigourous, and in others any warm body will do. Also there has been some challenges in referecne to which training course to take: E.D.G.E. or Train the Trainer. Some courses require E.D.G.E., others Train the Trainer, andstill some doesn't matter. Also some councils have doen away tith TtT in favor of EDGE solely.

In my council Trainer Development Conference is required for all district trainers. EDGE is still listed in our council as only for NYLT and Wood Badge staff. National's policy on this isn't clear yet. Saying that, though, TDC is only ran once a year, which hasn't been conducive for me to get new trainers online. I'm still mentoring people along the way if they are doing ticket items or want to train (or have trained), but the TDC hang up is kinda silly for say, an educator of 30 years!

One piece of advice a former DE of mine gave me, whenever you teach a new course that you have taken an older version of, i.e. you took New Leader Essentials and are teaching This is Scouting, go ahead and list yourself on the student sheet as well just in case council's records are messed up.

that way you will be considered trained by Scoutnet.

I went through CSBLT back in the day and recently taught TCDL specific, CSDL Specific, and WDL Specfic. I went ahead and put myself as a student as well, just to make sure SCOUTNET keeps me listed as trained. never knwo when a code will be dropped from computer programs.

Eagle92 - what stands for "TtT"?? Is that a typo for TLT (troop leader training?).. Or something else. Just curious since TLT replaced JLT many of our troops do neither now. I suggeste a course at next years ScoutingU in guiden the unit leaders on how to run a good TLT.. If that is now replaced by EDGE, no point in putting on a TLT guidence course. If "TtT" is something else, then I don't have to worry..

The Trainers EDGE is the new Trainers Development Course (TDC).

It seems there is resistance to changing the name of the training for the end recipient, it makes it harder for prospective students to find the Training they need/want. We teach The Trainers EDGE but still hold TDC courses - because that's the one the students are looking for.

And TLT and JLT's are primarily for youth, The Trainers EDGE is primarily for Adults but could easily be for Youth also. As far as I know, the prior version of Trainer Development courses were only held for Adults and in the better circumstances, Camp Staff that would be presenting Merit Badge courses.

It was just a few weeks back on this forum someone stated that EDGE was replacing the Patrol method, which made no sense at all given patrol is a way to form teams and EDGE is a way to train.. But, I could see if someone said EDGE was replacing TLT (except for the fact TLT is still fairly new from JLT, and changing things so rapidly makes for very cranky vounteers.) After all one is a teaching the boys how to lead & train others.. The other at least is about training.. Leading???? Anyway it make better sense then replacing the patrol method with EDGE.

So what does TtT stand for?

I Don't know what TtT is but TLT or TlT both stand for Troop Leadership Training. It is a valuable resource thatIf you can find it I highly reccomend. But EDGE for Explain, Demonstrate, Guide and Enable is the new method BSA is advertising as it's way of teaching both Skills and Leadership now and in the future.

I don't see or understand how EDGE could replace the Patrol method, I think someone was confused.

To me and several others it's nothing new you may have heard; See one, Do one, Teach one - which is very much the same method but I don't even know how old it is, at least 30 years if not much more. And EDGE has been around in the Military for many years.

TtT = Train the Trainer, which was the formal name of the course that predated TDC.

Fact - Trainers EDGE is the REQUIRED course for staffers of Wood Badge and NYLT.

Fact - TDC was the PREVIOUSLY REQUIRED course for Staffers of Wood Badge and NLYT.

Fact - National did not do away with TDC, yet.

Our Council no longer offers TDC. Instead, we only offer Trainers EDGE. We permit Pack Trainer's to use Trainers EDGE to fulfill the requirements for completing trainer development conference.

The Trainers EDGE is a training course that Woodbadge staff and NLYT staff is required to take. It has nothing to do with the Patrol Method nor Troop Leadership Training (TLT). An element of that course (EDGE) is being used in the current Boy Scout rank requirements, and in TLT.

Trainer Development Conference (TDC) is still a current course for adult trainers.

The Train the Trainer (TTT) course was replaced by the Trainer Development Conference many years ago.

"TtT" means "Train the Trainer".

It is/was the generic course that National expected all would-be trainers to take to learn how to BE trainers.

Back in the 80s, the course was called "Train the Trainer Conference".

At some point it became TDC: Trainer Development Conference. Now its Trainer's EDGE, I believe.

I was cheated! We had no chalk sharpening in our course..!

We did have something on the grease board. It was hysterical, because the trainer was talking about the time he mistakenly used permenant marker on it. Then he looked at the marker he had in his hand.. It also was permenant, and he had already used it.. (So is that deminstrating what NOT to do?)

we did have some updated stuff too.. And some neat activities..

I'm going to EDGE on the 19th.. I fear the prep of the 10 hour training I'm going to do. I will be in a small class but most will be those on Woodbadge staff, and others who are currently trainers.. I'm not a trainer, which is why I'm the organizer part of the committee.. I am going to look pathetic next to my peers..

Planning to do care and accessories for Dutch Oven cooking.. It's what I am most comfortable with. But, that means lots or heavy props.