I was having my feelings hurt...I posted this 24 hrs ago and it says "Read 0 times". Don't people like me??? Then I noticed that ALL the threads now say "Read 0 times"...even the ones with a whole string of replies. Anyway, here it is for another 24 hrs.

I have taken both the classroom version, and the new online version, and they are pretty close to the same in content. It would be nice if the BSA would put more of this training online, BUT with the ability to report this to the local council.

Robert DeWitt

WEBELOS II Den Leader

WEBELOS to Scout Chair

Ogeechee District

Georgia Carolina Council

Thank you, this link is really cool. I had no idea. At first I was eye-brow up thinking, "How in the heck can you get THAT training online!?!?!" But it wasn't the "Aquatics" I was thinking of. Safe Swim and Safety Afloat is a doable online training!

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

BSA should offer more training like that. I like the fact that at the end I was able to print out a document stating that I have completed the training. The only draw back is that I doubt that this information will be sent to my home council.

Better than I expected. At first I was thinking that we'd be better off if they left this one up to the traditional teaching method but...

1) on line was interesting

2) traditional method for me is at camp while wishing I was somewhere else doing my "job". Under those conditions you can imagin my mind was never 100% on the class.

Just wanted to bump this up again. I just completed both the Safe Swim and Safety Afloat training and am set for 2 years. One question - does it need to be forwarded to the council for any reason or is completing it and getting the "card" sufficient?