• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beaver is a very compassionate critter, havin concern for the poor other critters of the forest. We provide a place that enables the eagle, and owl to eat. Water for the buffalos and antelopes, clearings for the grass to grow so the bobwhite can hide from the fox.

But we are shy critters who provide this service while watching from the house that only we can build.

No, no thanks please it would just embarras us. Send money instead.

YIS

OGE

I like your web page. I had a question though. When we did Woodbadge, All members had to come with a stripped shirt. Meaning all patches were removed except the flag, council patch. Then we had to sew on our patrol patch and troop number 1. Has the program changed in that respect? Has anyone else taking the new course had to do that? Work that ticket.

Poppie Bear

SE-389 Kodiaks

OGE

Did your patrol play the win all you can win game?

If you did how did it go? We had many discussion about this game with the staffers.

ASM7

The new Woodbadge requirment is to come with a full uniform, with your current patches, the requirment that you had to come in with a stripped shirt and sew on your patches in 10 minutes has been dropped, maybe someone figured it out that speed sewing is not a scout event.(This message has been edited by dan)

We indeed did play the Win all you can game. Did I tell you we won at the Jeopardy game? And then during the patrol project presentations there were three other game "shows" the Bears rolled through and won them all.

As far Win all you Can, the Bears were smart enought to know it was a lousy game, and it did leave a few in tears and others so red faced and angry they were shaking, Message to irving, Dump Win all you can

Our patrol also saw the game for what it was, in fact I think all our patrols recognized this as there were no problems on our course with it. We ended up talking about what could happen. I also think it should be stopped in progress if it is getting out of hand but is an effective learning lesson.

OGE I was wondering how you now feel about your question of this ticket thing. I know you felt frustrated by our answers but it is a hard thing to explain.

I just finished my ticket and am trying to find a good date for gettin my beads. Eagles soar high.

Well they finally started to talk about what was a ticket item on the second ay, and then were pressuring us to have ticket ideas approved by the end of the third day. I didnt see anything mysterious in the process, at least nothing that could not havebeen explained up front. I think a pre-meeting would be nice, sometime during the first week, just a few hours where they could go over what a "ticketable" item was and have a few examples.

Overall it was a very worthwhile experience and with or without knowledge of ticket items I would encourage all non WoodBadge scouters to consider doing it

"... and I can Bear no more..."

• 2 months later...

As a youth in a troop in the UK, I the was the proud Patrol Leader of the Panther Patrol.

In the mid. 70s I took my Wood Badge Training at Gilwell Park, as a member of the Cuckoo Patrol.(Sad to report that the English no longer use patrol names in Adult Leader Training.)

Done the Cub Scout Leader Trainer Wood Badge, here in the USA, as a member of the Bear Den.

Have Staffed a few Wood Badge Courses in many patrols.

I'm looking forward to my first (and last.) stint, as the Scoutmaster for NE-IV-153, next fall at the Eberly Scout Reservation, Camp Conestoga, Somerset PA.

Please send me an E-mail if you would like details.

So in answer to the question: Maybe the Bear was re-born