Who leads the flag ceremony?

Wolf Requirement 2b states: "lead a flag ceremony in your den." Who is the leader of the ceremony? Is it the member of the color guard holding the U.S. flag? Is it the caller? How do you decide which of your cubs have met this requirement and which still need to do something more?

It would be the person calling the ceremony - they're the ones giving the commands.

As others have mentioned, rotate through at each meeting and everyone will quickly complete this requirement. Keep in mind too that it says lead A flag ceremony - you should be having two flag ceremonies at your den meetings - an opening and a closing ceremony.

You couldn't just do a meeting on the subject. Having the boys rotate in positions performing different flag ceremonies. Add in flag folding and some citizenship. Make flag icing graham crackers. You gotcha a meeting.

It says "A" flag ceremony. Not "THE" flag ceremony. So it could all be done in one meeting. A practice flag ceremony is still a cermony.

Just my 2 cents.

Yours In Cheerful Service.

Tim

We rotated and also practiced. So the boys did 2-3 a meeting. Also folding, the whole deal.

Some boys are not ready to be callers and some are better than others. Some needed extra help (I held up a sign for one lad in case he needed it). All eventually got to do all the parts.

One day my boys (Bear and Webe at the time) and I were walking, in uniform, from a field trip through a city park where the Mayor was making a dedication. The color guard from a local Troop failed to show and we were pressed into service. We did and went great.

It seems to me that there are a few things that the general public expects scouts of all ages to know (even unreasonably): First Aid and Flags.

We do a flag ceremony at every den meeting and we also sometimes get to do it for the pack meeting if its our turn.

We use the Denner to lead the ceremony and the Asst Denner carries the american flag. We promote the Asst Denner to Denner every 3 meetings and pick a new Asst Denner. So eventually all our boys will have been Denner and lead the flag ceremony at least two times.