Thank you and Good night

It appears that since the last Troop Committee meeting that I no longer have the confidence of its members. Not sure exactly why, but that is what I got out of things. It seems that I have offended those members whose boys are part of the troop junior leadership and have also been the root of most of the problems in the troop concerning the lack of teamwork, unacceptable personal interaction between the boys in the troop, and thier refusal to accept any of the responsibility in thier junior leadership rolls in the troop.

So, I have offered my resignation and it was accepted by the majority of the troop committee. Since I live in a small town, with only this one troop, and I do not wish to travel, I am also leaving scouting.

There will come a time in the future when I will once again take up scouting, but until then I want to thank you all for your input and support and let you know that I appreciate each of you.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I had a similar one a couple of years ago, but the committee went the other way. In the meantime, sounds like you don't have a boy in the troop -- so dont leave scouting, go get a job at district roundtable or on the district committee. Lots of boys need dedicated volunteers.

Remember, its about the boys, not the parents.

good luck

yis, jim

Consider serving on the District Committee or as a Commissioner in a different town. There are many way to serve Scouting besides a SM. I am sorry that you had a poor experience with your troop, but passing on what you do know can be accomplished through the Commissioner team or Boy Leader Training. Contact your Unit Commissioner or DE for more details of helping at this level. All the Commissioners I know, myself included, spent time in unit leadership. Your District/Council should offer the training you need to be successfull in the Commissioner Ranks.

WHOA!!!!!! You really missed the point! Leave Scouting? If that thought even entered into your mind, then you really never got it the first time. Wow! I can't beleive that, how did this guy make SM? Quit Scouting? I don't get it... So you lose SM... What is important? Your position in the troop? Or your son's activity in the troop? I had to ask, because the original message was foggy on who was offended.

ASM1

"So you lose SM... What is important? Your position in the troop?"

Why should he stick around where he's not wanted? Obviously the way that he wanted to do things didn't sit well with the committee so the way that they want to do things probably wouldn't sit well with him.

The only thing to be gained by sticking around is to be a bone stuck in the committee's craw and that can be done better by moving up the ladder to a district position.

This is a tough situation. If I were in your shoes I know I would be very deeply hurt. I cannot blame you for wanting to walk away, but I hope you can find some other way to stay a part of scouting now and in the future.