Pack Campfire Graduation Ceremony

We are planning a Campfire graduation ceremony. Here is a Sample of what we are planning

Welcome and Opening Flag Ceremony

Fire Lighting Ceremony

Skit (Tiger Cubs)

Tiger Cub awards

Tiger Cub Graduation

Skit (Wolf Cub)

Wolf Awards/ Graduation

(Maybe Welcoming new Tigers at this point)

Presentation of the New Den Flag (Cub Scout Den Flag)

Arrow of Light award Ceremony

Webelos Crossing Over - (Ceremony by the Order of the Arrow Ceremony Team)

Closing - Maybe doing something along the lines of taking ashes out for the next ceremony.

Flag Retirement - Webelos will do this as a final flag retirement as webelos

Refreshments and congrats for all the Cubs

Refreshment Ideas

Popcorn

Trail Mix

Water

Sodas

Chips

Can Anyone think of something that I may have forgotten

(This message has been edited by SctDad)

Ceremonies like this are a good time to do leader appreciation. Make sure everyone gets a big thanks for their work this year.

Just a question - why are your Webelos crossing so late? Ours were gone in February, and have already been to Spring Camporee, and a couple other campouts.

You might consider saving the Closing until "after" the flag retirement (if you are burning) - then save the ceremonial ashes for a future campfire - the ashes may take on an even more special meaning.

Do you have any Bears crossing up to Webelos?

I'll bet the Webelos parents would gladly provide a sheet cake or cupcakes to share with the Pack to help celebrate their sons' crossover.

Before you get into the more ceremonial part of the program (Webelos), find a good time to do fun leader thank-you's. I think they are genuinely appreciated when sincerely given :-)

As an aside, this is always an exciting and busy pack meeting, so you might assign someone to be on the lookout to greet the OA team and also the Scoutmaster and Boy Scouts of the troop your Webelos are crossing into. You will likely have a full house so these guests might not know where to go, etc.

Enjoy the fun!

clyde

Clyde

No Bears crossing. Just the one wolf to Bear.

I was slightly misleading on the flag retirement. I meant closing out ceremony and having the flags taken down and back to the staging area. But I think that I will try to incorporate a nice flag retirement ceremony. The American Legion (Our CO) has plenty. I will have to look through the box to see if I can find a cotton one instead of all of the nylon ones. I might even use a seperate fire bin. I have a few ideas.

I have one question, how would you do this with refreshments being served afterwards. Would you have the refreshments farther back or would you have the refreshments served in the begining.

I will check with the Webelos parents and see if they would be interested in getting a sheet cake.

Is there going to be anyone to welcome the Webelos that are crossing over from their new troop? Our troop always has a few leaders and Boy Scouts to welcome the new scouts and in doing so we take off the blue eplets and put the reds on, take off the webelo neckerchief put a BS one on and hand them their Boy Scout handbook. Our Boy Scouts are the ones who change out the Webelos garb and hand them their book the adults shake their hands and welcome them to the troop.