Blue & Gold Banquet entertainment

Does anyone have some different ideas for hiring entertainment for the Blue & Gold banquet? We don't want another magician, we've had the Raptor Center, a Reptile guy, and a yo-yo master. We'd like something a little different this year. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ooooh yes, Mad Science, great suggestion thank you!

To answer your question, John, I believe we do have a dance team in the district; we have a Venture Crew that comes and does our Arrow of Light ceremony, which is very cool, especially for the parents. We're looking for the entertainment to be something fun for the kids and younger siblings, as well.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply!

~Michelle

Hi there! We are thrilled with the theme of February being Chinese New Year. Our Assistant CM and his wife (heck, their entire family) are involved in Karate and they are going to see if a couple of the instructors would like to perform during our B&G! It sounds like it is a go already.

Oh, another fantastic idea, let me know how it goes! My husband is also involved in karate, he's a black stripe, although I doubt he's up for performing for a crowd! hehe but some of the higher black belts could probably be encouraged to do the same... another great suggestion, thanks Leigh.

~Michelle

How about a Pack talent show? We did one a few years ago and it was popular - so much so that I was asked to bring it back again this year. We are a small Pack, so we were able to let parents and siblings also show a talent if they were so inclined. The boys liked showing off what they could do.

YiS

Michelle

Oriental theme?

Poke around, you can find a "custom" fortune cookie bakery, maybe some Scout fortunes? There's a basis for a skit! Scouts at a Chinese reataurant, and as they open their FCs the fortunes come true!

"You are talented in aquatics" and the waiter spills water on him...

How about checking with your council office for a list of venturing crews. It may be very nice to give the cubs a taste of what they might expect after crossing over. My crew is U.S. History and goes around to various schools in the state putting on demonstrations of Civil War equipment, etc. There may be a backpacking crew, rock climbing, police/fire post, etc. that could step in and do a very nice job for the program. Surely all those boys seem to come out of the woodwork for any major Scoutfest activities to show off their stuff, why not on a smaller scale for the packs?

Check with the leadership of the council, there are plenty of leaders who have skills and hobbies that could do a nice job for you as well. This would be a great lead-in to keeping the boys focused on moving on into the higher levels of Scouting.

Stosh