Uniform Repair Question

Same as any other pants. Put a bit of material that closely matches the pants underneath the fabric, then sew the torn bits of cloth down onto the patch with the torn bits laying as flat as possible (try to iron it lightly first to make sure it all lays down smoothly).

I hear there's this plastic tape stuff that you can use in lieu of cloth for those nylon pants -- Walmart might have it -- any fabric store will have it.

I find a mostly matching piece of fabric to use as a patch, it only needs to be about 1/4 inch bigger around than the hole. I temporarily hold it to the wrong side of the pant with washable glue stick. Then I use matching thread and the three-step zig zag stitch on my sewing machine to stitch the patch to the garment on the right side, stitching over and over to 'darn' the hole. Most newer machines will have this stitch, it looks like a regular zig zag but takes three stitches for the zig and three stitches for the zag. It is very durable.

There are patches that iron on but you run the risk of melting the nylon pant material if the iron is too hot.

Well my son is a bit fussy and the whole causes a slight draft in the nether bits so he requested a fix.

Yeah my older sons Class A still looks pretty "experienced". He wants a shiny new one but his Mom says you can tell the real campers by the wear of their uniform...

For me, I find it a problem that National has nylon/poly pants in the first place. The last thing I want to be wearing near a campfire is nylon clothing.

I was stoking a fire when a boy tossed in another log and an ember laden chunk flew up and hit me in the arm. I got a couple of small holes in my wool jac-shirt, and no burns on my arm. I can only imagine what would have happened had I been wearing a nylon windbreaker.

A nylon pant could be repaired in the same way a nylon tent is repaired, glue and patch on the backside.

Stosh