Why, tell me why?

This is one place where I agree with Daddy_O.

Once upon a time (1964-67), I wore one neckerchief from Bobcat until I joine a Boy Scout Troop. I wore one uniform, in fact.

Now, Supply Corporation has this pipe dream that our youth are going to wear 4 caps, 3 neckerchiefs, 2 shirts and 2 pair of pants during their Cub experience. That doesn't count the Webelos doo-dad, which needs just one more color to be LGBT friendly.

Supply Corporation is on drugs. That's all I can think. Of course, they have the missin of funding the BSA retirement plan to boot. Money talks.

John in KC I agree with you 100%, with the cost of uniforms today the changing of hats, neckers is just plain assinine. OGE's argument about sports equipment costs is equally a straw argument because because sports uniforms are used in play until they are worn out whereas scout uniforms are for the most part decorative not utilitarian, most boys are embarrased to wear them outside of their pack or troop meetings. As soon as scouts get to camp first thing is get out of the uniform into a t shirt and jeans or shorts. At cub day camp all I have ever seen was the camp tshirt worn, not the uniform.

What National has done to cub scout uniforms is nothing more than outright piracy, do you think a tiger cub cares about whether he wears an orange tshirt or a blue cub uniform, I can tell you from experience the answer is an astounding NO. Then some leaders wonder why they can't get their cubs into full uniforms, they fall apart easily if they are worn too much in the outdoors or for strenuous activities making them impractical as well. I agree with Daddy_O it is time for National to stop finding more ways to line their coffers using extortionary methods.

I think the only reason Scout uniforms, of all ages and sizes, fall apart is because they are badly made with nasty, cheap fabric. Quality fabric appropriate to the activity plus good seaming which anticipates stress go a long way toward making any garment last longer.