award badges individually or as a patrol?

The Webelos Scouts that earn the AOL pretty much cover these, the others are just paperwork. I know we had a Boy Scout work with my son and the other Webelos den before they all crossed to the Troop.

Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.

Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.

Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).

Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.

Describe the Scout badge.

Yeah, they should know it already since all of it was a condition of AOL.

And for the record, I do not think "Do your best" applies in this case even if AoL is a Cub Scout award.

It is an award for being ready and prepared for Boy Scouts. It's a tool for early crossover after you show you know the stuff...not did your best in trying to know your stuff.

Don't get me wrong, doing your best is a fine idea, but since doing your best is not a Boy Scout arrangement, then it shouldn't apply to what amounts to an Early pass.

So anyways, I know what the joining requirements are, but thanks anyways.

And yeah, they should have all know it already. But a few of the boys were from another pack and I have no control over that their DL may not have done a better job.

But it is just as likely that this boy could have been nervous since he was dealing with an entirely new adult. He may not have been as comfortanle as he was with his former DL.

Maybe he was coddled through AoL? I really don't know.

As for the paperwork, I assume it has been turned in right after or even before the AoL ceremony.

Mine and my sons was as wel as troop dues. Maybe it was turned in 5 minute before our review?

Anyways , the scout was having a littt;e bit of trouble with the parts of the scout badge. Not just missing one part or screing up a name of a part, but pretty much wasn't sure about 3/4ths of the badge.

I also noticed the family pamplet was still in the handbook. That in itself means nothing, so I asked him if he and his family went over it and talked about what was in it...even a little bit.

He said no. They didn't look at it at all.

So, 5 out of 6 boys were checked off and will get their badge next week.

I did inform this scout that he could catch me a few minutes before colors for a SM conference, but they will not be here next meeting ( spring break...going out of town).