Movie for Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge

I need some ideas for what would be a good movie for requirement 5 where you have to watch a movie that shows how the actions of one individual or group can have a positive effect on the community. The only one I can think of is Hoot, a movie about 3 kids that fight for the rights of some burowing owls in Florida. I'm sure their are alot of good ideas in here. Thanks

Ummm... why is this question in the "Scouting the Web" section of the forum?

There is an extensive thread on exactly this question at http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=112410 in the "Advancement Resources" section. Lots and lots of good movie ideas. (The last group of boys I saw working on this badge watched "Mr. Smith goes to Washington", just to add that in.) :)

• 8 months later...

Not sure why I did not think of this before. Karate Kid II might be worth a look. The first movie had more to do with an individual. But the second had more to do with building and healing communities, a common issue no matter what country. It is old enough where most boys have not seen it but it also is martial arts which might keep them interested while learning the lesson?

Recent movie: "Hoot" (new line cinema) Bunch of kids work to save a colony of rare owls against a less than honest developer.

Not so recent: Shown some years ago, shown on Hallmark:

"Lone Star Kid" (Feature Films for Families) Young boy takes on complacency and becomes the first 11 year old mayor in the country (based on true story). Streets get paved!

C in Community, not nation or world.