National Advancement Video

Just came across this link thought Id share. Its viewable in Quicktime. After viewing it I have to wonder if the people who put it together ever actually served as front line leaders. It does not seem to answer the questions and concerns we see here in the forums, in some cases it raises more questions.

http://www.scouting.org/boyscouts/videos/advancement/index.html

LongHaul

Another example of a non-existent National IT policy.

It's not rocket science to make a movie file available in the USERS choice of Quicktime, Windows Media Player or Real Player. Most of the software available lets you choose the final format for save-out.

Let's next look at file length: Tonight's BFO: THESE WERE PRODUCED FOR BROADBAND USERS. Surprise, Irving: Not everyone, even in urban areas, has broadband yet.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.................

What percent of Family FOS gets sent to Irving? I may just diminish my donation that much.

Disgusted, John

I watched all of the videos & after the last one finished & said produced by the BSA or something similar I noticed this was made back in 1989! Don't they have anything more current?

I was surprised too at the suggestion that competition was a step in learning like OGE was.

I did notice that none of the leaders had a trained patch on!

It was good butI'm sure that things need to be added. How to deal with a scout with behavior problems, or learning disabilities, etc.

Judy