Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, this is what concerns people? Pins on uniforms? I'd rather worry about leaders wearing blue jeans or cargo pants with an untucked uniform shirt calling it a "Class A" unfirom.

Comment

I wear all of my parent pins for both of my boys on a lanyard around my neck. I wear it with my uniform any time I wear it. It has a name tag i the center of the lanyard, a cool cub scout neckerchief slide, since I don't wear a necker as COR, and I have my silver whistle and spark plug award on it as well. I get a lot of comments. Interestingly enough I've never lost the backing on any of those parent pins over the years of wearing them there.

Comment

I'm old school, so not for not for me. I won't wear them because A) not for uniform wear and B) I remember when they were called "Mother's Pins."

Now if I ever get a Eagle Scout Dad tie tac, as well as one of the old green uniform ties, I may wear the tie tac with the tie. But again I'm old school and prefer neckers.

Comment

• Scouter99
          Scouter99 commented
          Editing a comment
          "Old school" is relative. American scouts didn't adopt neckerchiefs until the second decade of the organization, and in the 50s-70s (maybe before, but I don't have Uniform Guides from then) the necktie was the adult neck adornment. While neckerchiefs were always native to British scouts, BP wore a tie (in photos, he's always in a tie; in paintings/sculptures he's in a neckerchief).
          You can get the green ties (which I would call old school) on eBay pretty reasonably priced (more reasonable, I think, for a 40-yr-old piece of history than what you pay for even a cheap tie in a dept store nowadays).
          Last edited by Scouter99; 07-30-2013, 11:47 PM.
      Working...
      X