Amangamek Wipit Lodge #470

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

This year is going to be my second year as a Cub Scout leader. I sent my dues into Amangamek Wipit Lodge to get active in the OA back in May. I have not received any info on when the meeting or anything. Could you help?

Thanks Mark Maranto

Hi Mark.

I'll start with the obvious question - are you already an OA member?

If you've been out of it for a while, and was once a member in another lodge, there's a transfer form you can fill out to have your membership transferred from your original lodge to the new lodge.

Otherwise, the lodge would be getting a check from someone they don't recognize as a member.

Also, Amangamek is so huge that they actually have individual Chapter meetings, as opposed to a Lodge meeting (although I'm sure they have those too, just not as frequent). Check with Council as to who the Adult Chapter Advisor is, they should be the best source of information for you.

Hope this helps,

Gags

"I'll start with the obvious question - are you already an OA member? "

YES!

If you've been out of it for a while, and was once a member in another lodge, there's a transfer form you can fill out to have your membership transferred from your original lodge to the new lodge.

DID THAT WHEN I FILLED OUT THE TRANSFER PAPER WORK. ;)

I was a Ordeal member of Nentico Lodge #12 as a scout.

"Also, Amangamek is so huge that they actually have individual Chapter meetings, as opposed to a Lodge meeting (although I'm sure they have those too, just not as frequent). Check with Council as to who the Adult Chapter Advisor is, they should be the best source of information for you."

Thanks for the info but I thought the Centerville Scout would be able to help since he is a member of Lodge 470.

Mark MAranto