thanks everyone! just realized I forgot to post alittle about myself so here it goes. Iam currently in the Army stationed at FT Benning GA. I have two boys one is a Weblos and one is a Tiger, they both joined Scouts back in March and I became a Scouter at the same time so I'm very new to this.( I was a Boy Scout as a child but only for about a year.) Being that the Pack my boys belong to is a Military pack as you can imagine it is hard to retain not only Scouts but leaders as well so it only made since for me to do my part. So far it has truely been the best decision I have ever made my boys love seeing me in my Scout uniform and get excited to put on theirs.

thanks everyone! just realized I forgot to post alittle about myself so here it goes. Iam currently in the Army stationed at FT Benning GA. I have two boys one is a Weblos and one is a Tiger, they both joined Scouts back in March and I became a Scouter at the same time so I'm very new to this.( I was a Boy Scout as a child but only for about a year.) Being that the Pack my boys belong to is a Military pack as you can imagine it is hard to retain not only Scouts but leaders as well so it only made since for me to do my part. So far it has truely been the best decision I have ever made my boys love seeing me in my Scout uniform and get excited to put on theirs.
With high turnover good record keeping must be a priority. Also document activities and what worked and didn't so you have good info to pass along. You also have an advantage in that the military bases I am familiar with have services to rent all out all sorts of camping equipment.

Make sure the del leaders use the den meeting plan form and make notes the keep them in a binder to pass along.

I have two boys three years apart also. Complete Chaos.

Also, realize if you want to follow the rules, scouts is decidedly NOT paramilitary, so things like pointing guns at simulated living targets, hunting, paintball, and camo are a no, no. (Even laser tag, which everyone roll their eyes at).

Have fun and ask questions.