A perfect attendence question

Nephew has now moved on to Boy Scouts - does he lose this full year on his count of perfect attendence? Can we take his CS and BS attendence and combine them (still hasn't missed any active, even taking part in extras)? As far as purchasing the hanger that's no issue anyway, its like what? 12 cents or something? I ask because his first CoH is in a week and if it is appropriate I will talk to the SM (I'm the CM and am still trying to balance that position with concerned Guardian).

This may seem like a trite question, but for Nephew it is a matter of pride. He set himself an attendence goal and wants the 11 year hanger (and is still mad about missing 1 Tiger activity).

Thanks for any help.

Michelle - CM, P102

Unfortunately for him, the attendence pin is done on a unit by unit basis with no national standards, or even a requirement that units participate in it.

You can ask one of the troop's adult leaders about the policy of the troop and see what they do. If you like, you can also try to become a member of the committee and help craft a policy if one does not exist.

Also don't be discouraged, or think your troop is bad, or anything like that if you don't get an answer you like. Since this is a local question, and FRANKLY SINCE THIS DOESN'T COME UP VERY OFTEN, don't be too surprised if you get deer in the headlight looks as you ask. But you do need to ask, and see what they think.

I also agree that when your nephew starts in his troop even though it is week 53 with no break, it really appears as being week 1. Remember there are only a few badges you carry with you from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts (those badges are Arrow of Light, and the Heroism Awards).

It's a new day, and therefore a new time for an award that he likes. I wonder how many kids have earned this award as a Cub and then as a Boy. I don't know any. I don't know many Boy Scouts that can wear that award. It'll be neat in 51 weeks to be able to wear that award as a Boy Scout, and then when they ask him what the award is to have him explain it, and mention that this is the second time he earned it...

LPC_Thumper ...

Not just AOL and heroism awards...

He can also carry forward (for lifetime) his religious award knot and any Fellowship knots (James E West etc) donated in his name.

(Not that very many 11 year olds have the West knot)...

"Perfect" attendance is not the intent of the pin. See page 12-6 of the Cub Scout Leader Book:

ATTENDANCE PIN AND BAR: a gold-colored pin that Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts may wear to recognize good attendance at den and pack meetings . . . Requirements for this award are determined by the pack committee.

Thank you all for your helpful responses.

I talked with the Troop CC last night. She advised me to end his 4th year when he left the Pack and a new year was started for him when he joined the Troop. So, nephew will be getting 4th year from the Pack at our June Bridging over. Maybe it will encourage our outgoing Tigers to want to earn it also.

Michelle