Frisbee MB, Surfing MB, etc.

I am wondering if anyone uses the spoof merit badges that are offered by Streamwood?(http://www.streamwood.net/)

Among others, there are "merit badges" for Finger Carving, Snoring, Mosquito Hunting, Magic, Fast Food, Duct Tape, Disorientation, Brain Surgery, and (my favorite) Citizenship in the Universe.

They're all pretty funny. Does anyone use these as gag awards?

Wow! There's really a Dumpster Diving MB Patch! I just told the story about designing a Dumpster Diving patch and presenting it to my wife at a COH. If I had known there was an actual patch, that would have been perfect. I'll have to bookmark this site for the occasional "special" recognition that we need to do.

I second that!! Alot of great ideas. Back when i was cubmaster, we would go out after Pack meetings to a local hot dog joint that had a game room for the kids, and they also served beer... for the adults. Since i never had time for dinner, we usually always went there after the meetings to eat... ok, and do a little drinking. A second shirt attire was always necessary. But i started calling it Pub Scouts (instead of Cub Scouts), needless to say i laughed when i saw the Beer MB!

Sparkie

OMIGOSH! This is just too funny! Our current Scoutmaster is finishing up his term next week ( after 8 yrs ), and we're having a big party, so I ordered the COFFEE DRINKING, SNIPE HUNTING, OUTHOUSE RACING and UNTRAINABLE patches. The SPL and PL's want to present them to him just like he presented merit badges to them over the years... gonna be fun....

Back when I was asst. handicrafts director at summer camp, I used to give out the finger carving merit badge to a select group, that had proved themselves skilled in that area. One day the district advancement chairman approached me and inquired as to why he had recieved 3 completed applications. Luckily, he had a sense of humor, but we agreed that it would be a good idea to put a halt on it because a few overachievers had to go the hospital, and that filleting one's leg with an axe, however talented, is still not finger carving.

• 2 weeks later...