Earning all 20 Webelo Pins

A lot of packs make up a special award, typically called the "Heavy Shoulder Award". May take the form of a certificate or something else. As CM, I used to do a final test of their 'heavy shoulderness" by breaking an arrow across their shoulder. It was notched so that breaking was virtually guaranteed and no harm would come.

I don't think there is any official BSA award for this accomplishment.

Oh...and welcome to the forum. A great place to sit and soak up scouting stuff.(This message has been edited by SemperParatus)

I like your arrow idea. The boys would love it.

After searching foreve I found the Super Achiever award which is for Webelos scouts that earn all 20 activity pins before their Arrow of Light ceremony.

Thanks!

Ah...the old broken arrow trick. I make them out of dow rods - simply sharpen a point and add fletching. Then spray paint the whole thing gold. Cut a small notch around the middle of the arrow. I also make one that has no notch, which is tested on a variety of other scouts first - Tigers, Wolves, Bears, etc. with no success. When the awardees are brought up, the boys are amazed that the arrows break - how'd they do that?

Good luck.

AnnieB

When my son and some of his friends earned all twenty of the Webelos activity pins (a long time ago) I found a certificate at our local council office and scaned it into my computer, made some changes and printed it on blue parchment paper and put into a picture frame. We awarded it to them at the crossover. I checked over all my old graphic files and found it. I have converted it into a PDF file that you can fill in the Scouts name, the pack number and date of presentation. The den leader and cubmaster sign it. I remember that I found special material that I taped over the graphics on the certificate and ran it through a copy machine using a blank piece of paper. This would make all the graphics have a silver or gold or even blue look to them. I don't know if you can buy this material anymore. If you would like this file, PM me with your e-mail address and send it to you.

Dancin

Annie,

I have seen an award called the "twentier" at our scout shop. It is a patch that they wear. I can find no reference to it in the books so I am not sure if it is something new or something old. But making your own award is always gratifying and the boys usually love them.

Fred

When i was Cubmaster we gave them the Super Achiever patch.

The first time it happened, I asked the committee to approve giving the scout a brand new Boy Scout handbook (I presented it at our B&G). It wasn't going to break our bank, and i thought it was an appropriate gesture on behalf of the pack. The following year we had 2 scouts accomplish this feat!

Webelo? I'm not sure what that is. Is that similar to the Tige, Wol, or Bea ranks? (Sorry, but one of my pet peeves is that individuals in the Cub Scout program refuse to learn the proper spelling of the Webelos rank/award/badge.

A Cub Scout Pack 175 in Topeka, Kansas offers for purchase ($3.50) a unofficial patch called the Heavy Shoulder Award. (see http://www.cubpack175.org/heavyshoulder.htm). A link on that site also offers a free down loadable certificate. I purchased a few for the boys when I was a WDL a few years ago. They got a great kick out of it.

• 8 months later...