Ah, the vagacies of Scouting, its a National Program administered locally by volunteers who always (sic) do it the right way, or at least the way we have always done it...

Its my understanding that an Eagle Board of Review is to be held either at the District/Council level or at the Troop level with a District/Council Representative in attedance.

If there is a problem, your council will be getting back to you ...

That is correct, it should be done at the district level or within the troop leadership with a district representative in attendance.

Another question on this same topic. It our policy that once the scout has completed his project, gathered the approval signatures from the troop and benefiting organization, and filled out the Eagle Application, he sends the whole packet, including the reference letters obtained by the Advancement Chair, to the Council Eagle Chair for approval. Council checks everything for accuracy, required merit badges, time in position, etc., and if he approves it, sends it back to the District Eagle Board Chair for a BOR.

Once it's in the District Eagle Board Chair's hands, what is the approximate length of time (in your district or area) before a BOR is scheduled?

MTD

Three of our four Districts do these with a member from the District Advancement Committee present. In the other district it is done by members of the Advancement Committee with a member of the home troops committee present.

Eamonn.

PS. Our district is the odd one? We hold BOR's the second Tuesday of each month.(This message has been edited by Eamonn)

I have this position in my District. What I do is that when I get a packet, I call the SM, and we set up a date ASAP (usually 2 weeks out). There are times when I hold one per month. There are times when it is more often. It all depends on the demand for them.

As for the original question, Advancement Policies and Procedures Committee Guide p. 17

Eagle Scout Boards of Review. The Boy Scouts of America has placed the Eagle Scout board of review in the hands of either the troop . . . committee or the district or council committee responsible for advancement. The council will decide and promulgate which method may be used.

• 1 year later...

"At least one district or council advancement representative shall be a member of the Eagle board of review, when conducted at the unit level ...". (From the Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures booklet #33088D.)