Things that just make you smile :)

So the past year working with kids has been amazing! We've cried, groaned in frustration and rolled on the floor in laughter. I thought a fun topic on here would be maybe some funny stories...after all kids do say and do some of the most amazing things! So come on...what has made you smile recently?

If you want to hear about things that just make you smile, check out the "Scouts say the darndest things" thread from early March, 2008.

My personal favorite :) was related by gwd-scouter reproduced below:

RE: Scouts say the darndest things

Posted: Sunday, 3/2/2008: 2:28:35 AM quality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer camp a couple of years ago. New Scout wasn't feeling well when he went to bed. I was sitting up late in the campsite when the Scout appeared, walked calmly to the trashcan and vomited. He looked up at me on his way back to the cabin and very seriously said, "sometimes a guy's just gotta barf."

Last weekend I stepped in a hole and I fell.(ok so that part is not so funny). Luckily the xrays showed no broken bones. This I was showing to my family the extremely large very red bruise underneath my whol ankle and it was still quite swollen. My husband said " you really should go to the Orthoeadist and get that checked out again".

I said it had improved and although a little painful I could walk ok. My 7 year old (wolf) son looked at me and very matter of factly said " Mom, I have to agree with Dad on this one." Now that made me smile, just the way it was said--

Earlier this year we took turns telling a little about ourselves at the 1st den meeting after new scout registrations. Varoius things were said"my favorite holdiay is Chirstmas", "I have a dog named ___". When it got to scout #6 he very proudly announced " Hi may name is ____ and I LOVE PIE." this was a room buster. So funny at that time. That same scout just makes me crack up all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting by the side of the lake, fishing, studiously ignoring "NOT!" :) the swamping exercises with the canoes.

The Super New Equipment Scout trying to light the log (no tinder) with his new "swedish fire steel" or other like implement.

• 3 weeks later...

Every summer camp, I would get at least one ...

... a courteous homesick scout. About 4 years ago, around 1-2am (not sure why at 1-2), but a scout ever so quietly walked up to my tent. He was very careful not to disturb others. I am a very light sleeper and even then I wasn't awaken by the scout until a flashlight shone right on my face and a faint whisper:

"Mr. P, are you up? Pssst..., Mr. P, are you up?"

I would reply, "No, I'm not, Johnny. Go back to your tent and sleep!"

He would go ... "Oh, ok, yes sir!" Quietly, went back to his tent.

About 20 minutes later, he would come back.

"What's wrong, Johnny?" I asked.

"There are bugs in my tent!" (canvas A-frame tents).

"Johnny, there are bugs everywhere! It's the wood!"

... this would go on for at least 2 hours! Now, mind you ... there is a selection of 5-6 other adults. Why me? I have not figured it out!

... but I wouldn't trade it for anything else! Perhaps, that's what I miss about scouting!(This message has been edited by OneHour)