How do you deal with (and prevent) mischief?

Anarchist, I'm not upset about my friend "knocking" my son's troop. I'd be upset if I didn't know him, it allowed me to focus on some things.

Beavah, Lisa, others:

The campout was safe and fun. They didn't have a written plan, so things just kinda happened. The trailer I mentioned is an old RV, not the troop equipment trailer. 2 dads and a scout's younger brother hung out by the trailer. No YP issues, everything was good.

2 small excursins off peoperty, nobody riding in the backs of pick-up trucks. One kid got a minor cut, no big deal.

The thing with the cans in the fire is like this: A year or 2 ago, someone thought of a nice thery, put a can in the fire and see if the heat will expand the seam and then the water would put out the fire. Well, the seam expanded alright, but blew corn everywhere! It was decided then that there would be no more cans in the fire.

As for boys, the SPL, ASPL and one PL were missing. So, we had some challenges. Of of the PL's present couldn't put his own tent away. I think he's a second class. Patrol food was another issue, some brought pop-tarts, store bought and pre-made muffins like at Sam's Club. Some brought pre-shaped hamburgers (Angus Beef) and one dad (the tent roller) cooked his son's food, hamburger helper of all things. We had some dads doing things for the boys. I am amazed.

The biggest infraction I observed was adults smoking right in front of scouts.

I think this weekend makes a good case for vertical patrols, some newer guys with experienced guys, if someone isn't there, another experienced guy can take over.

In the end, the SM asked me for help.

(This message has been edited by Gonzo1)