New Den New Leader New Scout from Mississippi

Hi, I am very happy I found this website! I am a mother of three children ages 7 to 12. My main reason for getting involved in Scouting was I want a stronger bond with my children. I am very involved in all that they do, Football, Basketball, BibleDrill, and the list goes on and on. My youngest however does none of those things. He is a very fragile child. But he loves the outdoors and everything involved with it. So this is where our adventure begins. I really saw a strong need for a Den in my area. We have a large gap between my county and the next county There are about 4 towns around my Church with out a Scouting program. I could either join another group or well what an amazing way to reach out and bring more towns together. So here I am, hopefully making something a great adventure not just for me and my son but for many other parents and their children!!!

However, Wow I am just overwhelmed with the information. I feel like there is so much to take in. We have our first meeting on Monday Nov 8, 2010. We will be starting out as a very small group and so I will have a mixture of boys in the group. I am thinking that this will be a combined class and not one that branches off at the moment atleast. Am I the only one with a group like that? I guess my biggest fear is starting out brand new and never seeing the ropes before!

Welcome!

Who is your new Pack's Charter Organization? What position are you registered in? How many Scouts of each level do you have?

It can be difficult to have a small Pack without enough Scouts to form separate dens. The programs for the dens are rather different, so a combined, multi-level, den will definitely have it's challenges. If you have enough boys to separate the Tigers, and the Webelos, into separate dens, and leave the Wolf/Bears combined, that might help.

Good Luck!