"He says this is the only time left for him to be SPL."

If a goal of his was to serve as SPL then perhaps he need to make other choices regarding his other activities. If the roles were reversed and he missed many of the Speach and debate competions and club meetings becasue of his participation in Scouting should the Speach and Teabar=te team consider him for president for a semester because it is convenient for hi at thet moment? Or should they elect someone who has been present and supporting the team?

He is was busy because of choosing to do other things, but since this is a convenient time for him personally he wants the troop to alter their election process to suit him? I really do not see why this is under consideration?

We should not be teaching scouts to elect people based on it being a convenient time for the candidate or because this is their last opportunity.

And I do not see how being the son of the former Scoutmaster plays into this in any way.

Boy this is gonna rip a huge hole in the universe or cause the toilet to flush in the opposite direction. You might want to put a Hazmat suit on or head to the CD shelter!

I completely agree with Bob's last post! If this boy truly wants to be the SPL, it's decision time. He must decide to dedicate the time to the Troop instead of his other activities.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

Wow, I posted that last one way too quickly. For my own piece of mind here it is without the typos.

"He says this is the only time left for him to be SPL."

If a goal of his was to serve as SPL then perhaps he needed to make other choices regarding his other activities. If the roles were reversed and he missed many of the Speech and Debate competitions and club meetings because of his participation in Scouting should the Speech and Debate team consider him for President for a semester because it is convenient for him at that moment? Or should they elect someone who has been present and supporting the team?

He is was busy because of choosing to do other things, but since this is a convenient time for him personally he wants the troop to alter their election process to suit him? I really do not see why this is under consideration?

We should not be teaching scouts to elect people based on it being a convenient time for the candidate or because this is their last opportunity.

And I do not see how being the son of the former Scoutmaster plays into this in any way