My son got his letter today

We got the letter from council today to let my son know that he is going to get to go to Jamboree. Now all we have to do is start making the payments. There are 4 boys from my son's Troop attending and his SM is one of the adults attending. He is excited. If everything works like we are hoping, he will also have his Eagle finished by then.

Good for him!

Now my question is how much are your payments?!?! We have been paying since last year and it costs us $170 a month through next March (I think). I am sure your overall cost is cheaper since you are closer but wow. I thought our council was slow out of the gate.

How many Scouts applied for how many positions?

• 1 month later...

It's doubly painful for me, both of my boys will be going and they're coming from the west coast. Cost is $3400 each plus uniforms. They need to start selling popcorn now (our primary fundraiser). They will be visiting the Statue of Liberty, historic Philadelphia and DC before Jamboree, so they'll be busy. They are looking forward to it and it's one of those "once-in-a-lifetime" events my wife and I don't think they should miss. Especially since it's the centennial of Scouting.