Hello from Heart of America Council (Kansas City, Mo)

Hello. I am new to Scouter.com and actually found this by mistake. I have recently been asked to become a Program Aide for the ScoutReach Program in the Heart of America Council and was online trying to find some Cub Scouting resources and came upon this site. This is quite a nice forum and I am sure I will find alot of valuable resources here.

A little about myself: I started Tiger Cubs in 1990 and made it all the way through to Eagle in 2002. I have worked four summers at the H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation in Osceola, Mo. I have had about every position title as a youth and various adult titles also. In 2006, right before my 21st birthday I was asked if I was interested in becoming a District Unit Commissioner, and I did. Even though it was exciting for me, it did take a toll on me for a while too. It wasn't until recently that I decided that I wanted to do something more, and just last week took this position with the ScoutReach.

Once again, this is a wonderful website and I hope to utilize it to its fullest.

John Baggs

baggsjr-

Welcome to the virtual campfire. What part of KC are you in? I went to school there at UMKC, but lived up north in Gladstone for the time I was in college. Fun town, I miss it sometimes.

Good to see some younger blood on the forum boards. Welcome (from San Diego-Imperial Council scouter)

Dean

Thanks to all. I am actually from a rural town about 50 miles from Kansas City, and that is where I grew up and went through scouting at. I am now living though in the "Heart" of KC near the Truman Sports Complex where the KC Chiefs & KC Royals play. Thanks for letting me join such a warm and inviting forum.

YIS,

John

Best college night out: a platter of Gates BBQ - 1 loaf wonder bread - 6 pack of beer - and tickets to the cheap seats in "wrap around right field" at the K.

Those were some fun summer nights :)